Overniting in lower eastern Idaho

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellerose

Reaction score
I am planning to boondock in the Idaho Falls area once the weather clears there.
I'm relieved to know that there are at least a few retailers in that area who aren't
afraid to allow boondockers to stay on the property.

Does anyone want to share what their experience boondocking in this part of Idaho was like?
I'd love to hear your stories. Also, if you've stayed on BLM or Forestry land there
as well. Particularly, I'd like to hear from those in cars or SUVs or vans - without
toilets . . .

Thanks y'all 😊

I never use my RV toilet. Wally worlds in Idaho falls on Utah street aint bad. There is some weird place about 50 miles west of Idaho Falls called Honeys Park that lets you camp. Pretty cold in Idaho January though. Might as well hunt for Idaho sex rocks while you're here to make some extra money.

Cool; that's the Walmart I called about a month ago just to test the waters. The guy who answered the phone was pleasant and I didn't feel unwelcome. 'sex rocks' ? Definately can use extra money

yes, the downtown one, thanks. I also called Cabella's and they said it's o.k. there too.

I've gotten several mentions of St. George, UT for free camping. One guy I saw getting gas for his rig said that St. George is full of places to camp, but didn't name any places. Do you know about any of them? I will be making my way through UT (starting in St. George) up through ID. I will call the Cracker Barrell along the I-15 in St. George to see if they are still a possibility