Ovenette Height?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 1/2" from the heavy base to the top of the knob on the cover.
Did you find one? They are rare so if you did grab it quick! :)

Thanks for the information! Bought one on ebay today. The seller had two. The Buy It Now price is high. I made an offer, and probably still paid too much when I accepted the counter offer, but I've been looking for quite a while and have a birthday coming up.

Last edited:
You'll love it! I make all kinds of things in mine. I made brownies yesterday to take to a friend's house for dessert. I make pita pizzas, meat loaf, baked chicken, potatoes, banana bread, and just about anything that you would make in a sticks and bricks oven.

The Ovenette I bought had never been fully unboxed and still had the original sticker on it. I almost couldn't bring my self to use it, but it's "real" now and has a permanent place on Van Island.

The first cornbread date wasn't great, but those biscuits? It's love. (Note to self: don't try to make cornbread cast iron skillet style in a cake pan. The bottoms will scorch. Duh.)

Thanks to the members whose posts helped me "discover" this great oven option!

Mine was like that too. It's well used now!
Lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper makes it easier to remove quick breads and keeps them from getting as scorched. I haven't had a lot of luck with full loaves of yeast bread but rolls cook okay.

I bought this to use between two 8" cake pans (perfect fit):

TeamFar Round Cooling Rack Set of 2, 7½ Inch Round Rack Baking Steaming Roasting Rack Set Stainless Steel, Healthy & Dishwasher Safe, Mirror Finish & Rust Free​

(For some reason, I'm having trouble with the Amazon link.)

This has really elevated (pun intended) my Ovenette results. I have been using it almost daily. My husband made the best oven fries ever the other day--crispy golden outside and perfect texture inside.

Thanks for the tip. I've been using a little rack that doesn't fit the pan. Those racks look so much better.
The ovenettes are fun to use! I just made pita pizzas today and we had baked chicken a few days ago.

In the UK, Stanley made these, and I was able to buy a well used model on eBay.

I kept a vigilant lookout and about a year later was able to buy a brand new, still sealed in the box, model.

They're excellent little ovens which are really quite efficient, and I prefer them to the Coleman Folding Oven, which I also have.

Good luck with your new purchase, you'll find it works really well.

They're excellent little ovens which are really quite efficient, and I prefer them to the Coleman Folding Oven, which I also have.
The Coleman's have their fans, but I actually recycled mine rather than donating it and tempting someone else. I found a few ways to make it easier and safer to use, but for me it was more trouble than it was worth--especially after I managed to cut myself on a sharp edge.

Just wanted to circle back to rave about the Ovenette! We are using it at least a few times a week. It does a great job on the large coil style electric stove burners in the stick & brick, too, and seems very efficient on cool days. I have yet to test it on the propane stove outside on a really chilly day, but in fair weather, it doesn't take much fuel to keep the temperature consistent.

One Dish Kitchen https://onedishkitchen.com/ has some decent (if not terribly healthful) recipes for small batch cooking, and I've found this pan to be a good substitute for a breakable casserole dish https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wilton-Bake-It-Better-Steel-Round-Cake-Pan-6-inch/153515931. It was recommended on the One Dish website and doesn't rattle too much in the Ovenette when stored upside down in an 8" cake pan.

Has anyone made cookies in one of these? That's probably next on our list to try.

I'm probably too attached to this gizmo. It gets put away after each use, for sure. If you are considering a stove top oven, I highly recommend seeking out an Ovenette.

Just made enchiladas for dinner tonight!

I made cookies one time then decided it was too much trouble because of the small number that will fit in the pan and now just make bar cookies and brownies.

This is a very simple recipe that you can jazz up if you wish. No specific amounts for the ingredients - just your personal preference. I use the cake pan and can fit three 8" tortillas or five 6" tortillas in the pan. I use flour tortillas and fry them on a dry griddle to warm them and make them easier to roll.

Simmer chicken, ground beef, pork, or other filling until done. Shred the meat and add picante sauce to taste but not so much that it's soupy. Fill the tortillas with as much meat as you like. Add a good amount of grated cheddar cheese.

Pour 1/2 can of Hatch Green Enchilada sauce ( we like Hatch more than any of the other brands) into the pan. Roll the tortillas up and lay in the pan with the seam side down. Spoon some of the enchilada sauce from the pan onto the tops of the tortillas. We freeze the other half can of sauce but if you like a lot of sauce or are making 5 enchiladas you may want to use all of it. Top with more grated cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the top gets a little brown and the cheese bubbles. Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

Edit - I forgot to say to shred the meat but I fixed that.

Last edited: