Ovenette Height?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

VanFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Bought one on ebay today. The seller had two. The Buy It Now price is high. I made an offer, and probably still paid too much when I accepted the counter offer, but I've been looking for quite a while and have a birthday coming up.

Last edited:

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You'll love it! I make all kinds of things in mine. I made brownies yesterday to take to a friend's house for dessert. I make pita pizzas, meat loaf, baked chicken, potatoes, banana bread, and just about anything that you would make in a sticks and bricks oven.

VanFan

Reaction score
The Ovenette I bought had never been fully unboxed and still had the original sticker on it. I almost couldn't bring my self to use it, but it's "real" now and has a permanent place on Van Island.

The first cornbread date wasn't great, but those biscuits? It's love. (Note to self: don't try to make cornbread cast iron skillet style in a cake pan. The bottoms will scorch. Duh.)

Thanks to the members whose posts helped me "discover" this great oven option!

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine was like that too. It's well used now!
Lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper makes it easier to remove quick breads and keeps them from getting as scorched. I haven't had a lot of luck with full loaves of yeast bread but rolls cook okay.