Not even one pot of gold..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
I took this pic on the morning of Christmas Eve so later that day I bought two lottery tickets.

Oh well...

Attachments

• DSC07772.JPG
    DSC07772.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 3
"For just the price of one dollar, you can dream."

When I was a small kid, we vacationed in South Fork, Colorado one summer where it rained a short while every afternoon. I loved it; so delightfully perfect. One of those days the sun came out and there was a rainbow right across the street. I could see it was really close because the end of this rainbow reached the ground right in front of the stack of freshly cut lumber behind it. I thought, "This is it! The end of the rainbow is right there. I can reach it. I can bring home that pot of gold!!!"

I went racing across the street as fast as I could go! But as I did so, the rainbow took off running as well. It seemed to be mocking me. I looked all around that woodpile for any sign of the gold I knew had just been there, but found none. And the rainbow was still watching me, now standing in a field only a few yards beyond a wire fence.

Sadly, I realized it wasn't going to let me catch it, wasn't going to let me claim its gold. I really did feel sad, but the rainbow seemed to be smiling at me. Clearly to the rainbow, this was all great fun; it was the sort of game rainbows are well-known for playing on both children and elves. At least I knew I was in good company, and managed to smile when I realized that. I was just like the characters in the colorful story books.

Last edited: