NorCal beaches, anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lost Coast is a beautiful area. Centerville Beach County Park is about 20 miles from Mattole Beach; day use only.

Since I am a N~CA native, ( not frisco or kali) I know where to go. But enjoy yourself and head to dry lands. Not everyone is comfortable in a place where a bright yellow ten inch slug is quite likely going to cross your dinner table or plop out of a tree unexpectedly.

Since I am a N~CA native, ( not frisco or kali) I know where to go. But enjoy yourself and head to dry lands. Not everyone is comfortable in a place where a bright yellow ten inch slug is quite likely going to cross your dinner table or plop out of a tree unexpectedly.
Thanks for the heads up. I hate slugs and never imagined they would be abundant in gorgeous northern California. I did a search for the yellow ones. Aka banana slugs:

https://santacruzmountains.com/ecotourism/banana-slugs/

I am a Humboldt County native and banana slugs used to be very common (and probably still are). You used to be able to buy "banana slug candy" in Old Town in Eureka (and probably still can).

My sister and some of our aunts went to Shelter Cove a few days ago. They said it was gorgeous.

Take the paved road from Redway, not the dirt road from Honeydew, if you want to visit Shelter Cove. ;) And make sure your brakes are REALLY GOOD!!!

Yep, Honeydew road over the King Range to Shelter Cove, pretty much high clearance vehicles only.