noob

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefiddy

Reaction score
Hi all!, I just found this site/forum and tho I'm not doin' it in a van, I still felt that this community was made up of 'my kinda peeps'.

A little about me.....I built my "tiny house" back in '06, because I felt the economy sliding downhill, like back in the early seventies, early 80's...and so on, I knew times would soon be hard, and I needed to trim everything that I could, and soon!!!
  Long story short, built a lil house, cut bills to an absolute minimum, and brace for the great recession to land on my head. I've done the minimalist thing in my own way pretty much all my life, being one who couldn't be still for long.

After losing my spouse in '11, I kinda melted down into a puddle for a couple of years. I'm
better now, prozac is my copilot these days. :cool:

So, a year ago I found a good deal on CL and bought a harley, it was a repo and needed lots of replacement parts, I spent about 2 months to get it going...all the while planni to sell it and bank a few bucks. :rolleyes: 
   I have not owned a big bike since '78, after getting off one at 100++ mph. So, harley oil still in the blood, I had to go for a ride.... yep, couldn't sell it then! so I've put about 5000 miles on it, and have been home every day by dark. I needed a way to see some new country.
  I know what yer thinkin', " This guy is not a vanner!" And that is true, but I am converting a three horse trailer and will soon be out there among the beautiful people! That's y'all!!
  I've been wanting for  years to do what you are doing. The thing is that my furry buddies need me [no one else does  :exclamation: ), and I need them! That's why I'm home by dark. So I thought, what if there was a way to take home.pets.and bike with me!  
  After looking at everything from cargo haulers, box trucks, short busses, long busses and toy haulers, I either didnt trust them to be dependable.or they were priced more than I'm willing to spend. I watch CL every day hoping for a bargain, that's how I found my horse trailer.

So in looking around the web for ideas on conversions. I stumbled in here!!  I usually just lurk, mining for diy ideas,but not joining in. Thanks to everyone here, hope to see you all down the road.
  Later. i'm dave

Welcome! I gave a lot of consideration to horse trailers a couple years ago but they turned out to be too heavy for what I needed. They would be perfect for a bike hauler though. What kind of tow vehicle are you using?

Hey Bud, I lost my first reply. and my keyboard has gone wonky, so short answer is '07 ram 1500 w/ 50 k on it. I don't plan to move it more than a couple days to several months. It should do for awhile. d

Welcome to the CRVL forums Dave! We'll all be waiting impatiently to see what you do with your horse trailer! :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.