Nomadic Enigmatics' 2019 van build dates announced

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not free this year. $75 for the two weeks. But, I believe Jamie has scholarships available for those with limited means. Starts Nov. 8, same place as last year ... Shay Road about 10 miles southeast of hwy 95. No services ... bring everything you need. Parker (with Walmart and other services) is about 20 minutes from the main camp. See you there! :)

Looking forward to the event.
Jamies' last video was great. Especially for people that are coming from far away.
He addressed all the issues.

My drive from So. Cal. won't be very far.
I still have not bought any hardware yet. Still working on design. I only need drawer slides and screws, wood.'
Also I really didn't want to drive with lumber, but If I get my design finished I may be able to pre cut some and make it easier to strap to the roof rack...IDK. I want to use some plywood and traveling with that...well..Geesh.

Suppose I am over thinking it all and just go with the flow. My design is getting simpler.
To tell ya the truth I had has so much pain the past few weeks and have not been able to shop for the supplies.

Going to the fabric stores and getting some things.

Who needs what?

Start a new thread LOL...list of offer /need?
what one has to give and what one needs?

here I go overthinking again. I think it is because my energy, finances and pain leave me with such limited times of clarity and stamina that I try to plan ahead.

I think a lot of well intentioned events that are successful when small succumb to the demands of bureaucracy and their success ultimately becomes their own demise. I am seeing this with the RTR and predict the same will happen here.

I have a hard time justifying a charge of $75 to a person who goes there to volunteer as a laborer/tradesman. I suspect Jamie isn't putting $75 in the pot. I get that he is the organizer, but without the volunteers there would be no van build.

Although I was planning to attend this event, I'll catch the rerun on youtube and put the $75 back into the Fuel Fund.

Yeah, I like to help people, but I prefer to do it one on one on a case by case basis.

I wish all you attendees/volunteers a successful and rewarding adventure.

Are any of you camping near the van build area tonight? I'm trying to find a nearby spot but dont see anyone yet. Will continue down Shea Rd...

Just past MM 6 once you cross over the cattle guard (start of BLM land).

Lots of room but in the dark you're going to have trouble finding anything. I'd suggest pulling off somewhere before the MM 6 at any place you find a path off the pavement - make sure it's not a wash you're going it to. Find us in daylight!

she is very lucky to have had it happen there if it had to happen. couldnt be surrounded by a better group at a time like this

hopefully the publicity will make others aware of the dangers and prevent some future disasters

On YouTube and in other forums I've seen 4 or 5 rigs go up in flames. Very sad to see, but in order to prevent similar future trajedies we must know the cause of each event. Here in lies the problem. To my knowledge the cause of each event has not been determined.

The best we can hope for are self inspections of each rig for proper wiring and fuse installations, proper propane connections, and anything obvious or out of place.

Each one of us is ultimately responsible for our own safety and this unfortunate event should inspire us to do whatever we can to assure we are not the next victims.

not only do people need to pay attention to the "conversion" parts, but general maintenance and basic road ready safety. a bad wheel bearing or dragging break can cause a fire. continuing to drive with one tire on a dual wheel very low or flat, that tire can get hot enough to ignite. changing belts and hoses at proper intervals, a fuel hose ignored can fail and spew gasoline on a hot exhaust the list goes on and on. people that have a problem with a fuse popping and so put in the next size up? i see it all the time. where is the extra gas or the generator stored? is the area ventilated and does it have anything in there that can cause a spark?