• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nice Used Class C found on CL (not mine)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 01010_dlFNGpOew8iz_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg
    01010_dlFNGpOew8iz_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
Probably trying to pay their ELECTRIC bill... Looks nice though.

Cheers

oh darn, i was going to come check it out and visit Prairie Dog Town while there ;)

A lot of those CL posts can be scams, looks like somebody figured that one out. See below news articles:
(Begin copied portions of articles)
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/09/01/scammers-target-rv-shoppers-with-fake-listings/
Marilyn Moritz, Reporter
Eddie Latigo, Photojournalist
Published: September 1, 2020, 5:56 pm
Tags: Consumer, 12 On Your Side, Money, Scam, RV, News

Scammers target RV shoppers with fake listings
‘We should be pressing for Facetime interviews or walk-through videos,’ BBB expert says...

https://camperreport.com/rv-scams/
BBB Says Don’t Be Fooled By These RV Scams
"The RV industry has seen huge spikes in sales this summer with families trying to find some semblance of vacation time in a safe, secluded manner.

“Due to the pandemic, a lot more people are buying RVs this year,” Said Jonathan Cook, owner of an RV repair company in Fresno, California. “It gives people a way to travel and spend time with their families while they have time off.” However, with social distancing measures in place, many people have forgone the conventional method of taking a trip down to the local dealer to walk through different models. Instead, they are scouring the internet, looking for good deals on brands they trust. But as potential buyers are busy trying to find a bargain, online scammers are busy baiting their next victim."

(End of copied portions of 2 articles)

Dang....well since it showed to be just an hour from me, I had assumed it might be legit, but I did warn any potential buyers to use caution.

I sure hope no one here was financially injured.

Actually $21.5K isn't a bad price however the reasons for the ad being reported/pulled could be some other kind of scam behavior. If the rv is a scam it usually is a cheap price to draw you in, but not always. Anyway, it's a good reminder that things aren't always what they seem to be.