newly widowed, confused, frustrated and alone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello y'all, not sure where to post this so here goes. my name is Barbara, My late husband and i have a 1989 Winnebago chieftain 32' gas with a 454 Chevy engine.  I have a Chihuahua named Georgia and am looking for homes for 3 of her female puppies. So, i killed my husband on my 57th birthday(10/6/18) and am having to learn how to fend for my self. my husband was an elevator mechanic until he became disabled about 5yrs ago. we perched the rig used in FL.for about $9K, it was stored undercover and there was a stack of repair and machinate receipts, and the inside look great. Needless to say the work was payed for but not really done, So for the last 5yrs we have spent a lot of time and holidays at different repair shops across this wonderful country, finally found an outstanding shop in Thomasville GA fixed our engine problems and all we had left to do was the inside. my husband died suddenly and left me with a half fixed rig and no income, i have solar on top and deep cycle batteries but have NO IDEA of how to use it or check if it is even still hooked up, The rig is old and needs work which is what he was going to do, unfortunately he died before he did to much of anything. I just recently got the courage to drive the darn thing, my husband drove it like a champ, i was the co pilot. I think i have everything i need i just do not know what to do with it all. I am trying to do it on my own any help would be appreciated

I hope that i can find someone that can help me understand and set my solar unit. if there is anyone in the area that may be able to come by and lend me a hand/advice i will make you dinner and offer you a nice hot shower. 
Thanks in advance. the meandering widow

I think that's why 250+ views and 0 replies...

Sikafishn said:
Are you aware you stated early on that you "Killed your husband" ?

Searching her posts, she stated in another thread that she had him removed from life support.

So sorry for your lost Barbara ?.
I admire your courage and strength.
Wishing you all the best
Bill