Newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baleswolf

Reaction score
Hi all! So happy to have landed in this community. I am a female in San Diego and outfitting my van currently. Its a 2017 Promaster 1500 136. Install is coming along and am starting on Solar...(deep breath). So far I have insulated, flooring, bed frame, Maxxfan, and windows installed. I have to remind myself to eat the elephant one bite at a time otherwise I get anxious and overwhelmed ;-).

Welcome to the CRVL forums Baleswolf! Yep, every bite gets you closer to vandwelling. It sounds like you're well on your way!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Baleswolf

Apologies for piggybacking on your OP. I'm new too.

40 something male in Vic, Australia with 3.2l diesel Ford Ranger ute slowly getting the mods, when I can afford them, for a more nomadic lifestyle.

Hello All,

new too, and Glad to have found this forum. I've been in, actually thrust into this mobile way of living for a few years now. I've been using an 05 dodge caravan 2.4L to basically live in whilst attempting to work via a storage unit. Currently On the east coast, getting ready for the colder months ahead.

Welcome Baleswolf - I'm impressed you've done so much on your van already. Are you doing that all yourself? Do you have a lot of experience with woodworking?

Hi Travelaround i am doing it myself except when i am in need of extra hands. I am finding it very empowering. I consider myself "handy" but sometimes short on ideas. Already I have rec'd great input on the installation of my solar panels here on this forum.

Welcome to the forum Baleswolf. Bob has done quite a few interviews with people on how to do solar , you may check out his YouTube videos. Plus here are a few good solar people on here that will be glad to help, good luck on the build , hope to cya at RTR