Newcomer from Kansas City,Mo.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grim Beret

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a single woman(I like to stay that way!) in my 40's, I have been a semi-truck driver since 1998, curretly I haul fuel and deliver it into locomotives. I was searching van builds on you tube at work and came across Bob Wells site and I've been hooked ever since! I was planning on taking a year off from work and never knew there was a community such as this! Now I am going to take a year off and possibly longer with the support of all of you kind folks out there! I have no children or family to speak of, I am alone all I've ever had was work,work,work and I'm very tired. I have the Christian values at least 95 % however I don't belong to any religion. I'm getting a van soon and I'll live in it and continue to work for a year, save my money and then take off and be free at last! per Bob's suggestions. I hope to be at the RTR 2019! I'm also new to all this computer stuff like I said all I've done in past is work tantamount to living under a rock! I'm trying to learn what I can and I know I've found a great bunch of folks to learn from, thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I ran out of KC myself but decided to retire from driving, at least for a living. Lots of good information on this forum and very knowledgeable people to learn from.

Thanks, I see that you are high tech maybe I'll have a high tech question for you in the future? I certainly don't plan on driving up into my 60's I was thinking of doing seasonal work perhaps driving for awhile longer, at least when I need the big,big money.

Welcome.

As an aside, I spent a few weeks in KC and loved it. Some very nice museums there. :)

Welcome to the CRVL forums Grim Beret!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks I'll go to tips and tricks and check it out. I have been to Harry Truman library very cool and I may do the WW1 museum here before I leave. I like history and I've been studying WW2 on my free time.

The WW1 museum is very good.

The Steamship Arabia Museum is also very good.

There's also a mostly-forgotten Civil War battlefield in Westport.

Thank you Lenny I'll look those up,too.I was also thinking of fantastic caverns, we'll see when time comes. It's possible I'll just take off and KC can eat my dust! :)