Newbie checking out Quartzite before the WRTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and new to Quartzsite and I’m planning on two boondocking trips before the WRTR (possibly this weekend and another in December). Id like to get the lay of the land before everything explodes. I’m looking to find
people to boondock near. I’m a mellow/chill camper, pretty quiet. If anyone’s out there now and doesn’t mind welcome in a newbie please let me know!

Thanks,
Christina

Christina...............Welcome to the forum.............PirateCamp is in the LTVA South........you are welcome to visit but it's Pay-to-Stay overnite..................We can point you to the free camping............Thursday: TURKEY POTLUCK !

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums and new to Quartzsite and I’m planning on two boondocking trips before the WRTR (possibly this weekend and another in December). Id like to get the lay of the land before everything explodes. I’m looking to find
people to boondock near. I’m a mellow/chill camper, pretty quiet. If anyone’s out there now and doesn’t mind welcome in a newbie please let me know!

Thanks,
Christina
Welcome Christina. Did you read about the caravans?

Christina...............Welcome to the forum.............PirateCamp is in the LTVA South........you are welcome to visit but it's Pay-to-Stay overnite..................We can point you to the free camping............Thursday: TURKEY POTLUCK !
Thanks for the response! I don’t suppose somebody actually has a pirate flag so I can find y’all easy? I’ll definitely stop by and say hello when I get to town. 🏴‍☠️ 😁

Hi Carla, yes I did. I just wasn’t sure if that was meant for long-term (weeks or months) or if you could just pop in for a weekend. 😁
They are for however long you want to join them. Stop by for a day or stay for weeks. Also, there is a pirate flag. Doug will probably send you a PM. If not message him (abnorm).

I believe there was mention of a brand new pirate flag and directions to their camp in another thread!

Lots of people are in the area on free dispersed BLM camping land. Right now there is a moderate sized group from a Facebook page called Nomadity that is welcoming in newcomers to join them and participate in campfires and stay for Thanksgiving. They are located on the South side of Plomosa road just past the 1 mile marker. Seem to be a very nice congenial group. Yoga at around 9 am and going for walks, trips to town, etc.

You can check them out on their Facebook page.

I have read on the Facebook page for We Camp Together that there is a group of women loosely associated with HOWA caravans who are currently camping together at the Free BLM dispersed camping area at Dome Rock. I do not have a pin drop for their location so will
need to connect up with them on that Facebook Group. Of course they most likely will be going to the WRTR in January.

Right now the official HOWA women’s caravan is near Needles, Ca

They are for however long you want to join them. Stop by for a day or stay for weeks. Also, there is a pirate flag. Doug will probably send you a PM. If not message him (abnorm).
Thank you so much! That’s really good to know. I’m really excited to come out!
Lots of people are in the area on free dispersed BLM camping land. Right now there is a moderate sized group from a Facebook page called Nomadity that is welcoming in newcomers to join them and participate in campfires and stay for Thanksgiving. They are located on the South side of Plomosa road just past the 1 mile marker. Seem to be a very nice congenial group. Yoga at around 9 am and going for walks, trips to town, etc.

You can check them out on their Facebook page.
Hi Maki, thank you for the information! I’ll definitely reach out to them.