New van dweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carla Harris

Reaction score
Hi my name is Carla also known as GrandmaWrinkles when you see me in the YouTube chats. I am moving into my van, i'm a long time camper and have lots of experience with that, just not the nomad part as far as where to camp, what states have free camping, I'm currently in Indiana but dont want to stay here, due to covid i'm not sure what states are shut down or if camping is available, I need to learn the rules of the road i guess you would say. would love to meet up with a ladies caravan and learn these things for a while before i take off on my own. i retired a couple of years ago and moved in with my daughter to take care of grandchildren while she works but since covid she isn't working and doesn't need me, Perfect time to follow my dream and hit the road. I have no solar or water so i'm starting with basically nothing. I have found a couple of free campground here in central Indiana but i really want to move on. 
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Hope to meet you all on the road someday