New to the life, looking for community.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
San Diego to Illinois is basically Route 66, so if you do some googling you can probably find the classic stops. Lots of Americana and fiberglass.

Or you can divert north slightly and go through the major Utah national parks, Colorado, Kansas City (Arthur Bryant’s for bbq), St Louis, etc.

As for what to look out for, it’s mostly personal preference. If you’re going with an RV water damage is the big thing. Rust is another concern, a little is fine. Mileage, accidents, the typical stuff.

Hello everyone! , My name is Gray. My best friend, Bean, and I are about to start our journey into van life! We have family all across the country that we just can't be away from full-time ever! We are excited to try to find community in caravans and do solo adventures! I am currently in East County San Diego looking for a livable conversion stealth camper. I've found a few, but, if anyone has any advice for what I should watch out for I'd love it!
As soon as I find my van I'm going to drive to Illinois making stops in Nevada and Colorado along the way. I've done this trip many times before but never stopped along the way. If anyone has any good stop recommendations or knows of meets happening along the route I'd love to know! I found one group here in California I'm planning on meeting with and hope to continue traveling with in the future. This is how I take notes haha these were the very first notes I took on my first night of researching. I'm trying to have fun with it! I just ordered more fun colors of post its

I love that you've had such a warm and enthusiastic reception here. If you need community, its here, just gotta make the effort :)

San Diego to Illinois is basically Route 66, so if you do some googling you can probably find the classic stops. Lots of Americana and fiberglass.

Didnt think about this when i read the first post, but yes, it is.

This was pretty good. If the 4th installment is missing its probably available elsewhere online, my old links failed but i found this set