New to the forum, RT 190

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koyote

Reaction score
Well, here we are. New to the forum. Not necessarily new to vans, RVs, or serial nomadism. (I have reset life twice with nothing more than a backpack, and another time in a pinto)

Currently selling a 94 Thor (Ford chassis) 29.5 foot monster. Downsizing into a 19 foot roadtrek class B for some winter travel. 

Have. 91 f150 stendo cab and I can't find exactly what I want for a camper, so long term we may build one.   Or keep the roadtrek. Sure is nice to pull into a parking spot.

I move around and drive too much for a trailer or the larger class C.... But who knows, we may be skoolies in another year and give up on cities.

Have some refurb work to do on this 1995 rig. And some upgrades. Generator, geez. Needs a new fridge and AC for modern efficiency. 

And man, do these factory builds eat up a lot of space with junk!

Follow your bliss-

Welcome to the CRVL forums Koyote! Quite a few of those 90s Roadtreks out on the road. Hopefully some of the forum members who own them will chime in.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

abnorm said:
Welcome to the forum................where are you ?

- residence (which mostly means some acres of mountainside) is in Mohave county, Arizona.

Most of our winter shakedown and mod tour will be back and forth around southern AZ.

I really like Roadtreks. The only reason I don't have one is that everyone else likes them, too. So prices for them are, as Ralph Kramden used to say, "To the moon, Alice!" (thus do I date myself).

The RT 190 has maneuverability, stealth, and ease of parking. Unlike the people driving a Class A Super Behemoth Industries Mastodon, you can actually take the thing into town and go to the grocery store, post office, etc. like a normal human. That's huge IMHO.

Enjoy southern AZ. There are parts of that country that aren't too repulsive--the areas south and east of Tucson are somewhat interesting and kind of scenic, if your standards for that kind of thing aren't too high. And Tucson's costs are low, for when you need to scamper into town for supplies or whatever. Plus, best Mexican food in the country.

Roadtreks are certainly not stealth vehicles. For that matter van aren’t anymore either.

Replying without quotes,

I think a road track still maintains a certain amount of stealth because it is a middle class family vehicle. Yes it is absolutely an rv, however if you park it in a neighborhood or around an auto shop it doesn't scream.

Obviously if you're overnighting in a Walmart parking lot it's pretty obvious what's going on but that's the same if you're using the station wagon.

I should say Southern and central Arizona because for me pretty much anything.. south of the rim? More than. 40 miles south of I-40? Feels southern. I find the landscape and everything to be absolutely fantastic and as a native I just really love the desert. I'm also quite happy to do things like hike papago Park. I don't require a two-week hidey hole in the very middle of the desert 20 mi from pavement or anything.

(In fact it's hard to get me to stay more than two nights anywhere.)

Back to the roadtrek- for what it is I think the build quality on them is better than most class B vans. They are expensive... I got this one at a reasonable enough price and it doesn't have any system problems, all the projects I need to do have to do with paint and fixing window cranks and such. Resquaring one of the fold out bathroom doors, a few latches. Curtain hooks.

The only annoying part on that is going to be the paint because I either have to redecal so it continues to look like a roadtrek... Or I don't know what. But the paint is pretty toasty.

It's very well maintained and everything works, but it's one of those situations where the owner of the last 14 years didn't use wax and parked it outside. Seals are good but the paint is just toasty.

went and looked up a RT 19 and it is sweet. more power to you, enjoy