Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connell857

Reaction score
New member hi my name is Donna.
My username is Connell 857
I am 59 years old
Living in Daphne Alabama presentLy
I am presently married.
Though separated
My husband lives in Washington state. We have known each other since I was 12 and he was 14.
It was a long time knowing each other
We are both now happy and at peace
Direction my life is going to go and it's not going that way any longer. I am not sure what I'm going to do in this later part of my life.
I never thought that I would be alone trying to figure out what to do at this stage. The thought of traveling around the United States sound wonderful . But I am scared to do it on my own . The next couple of years I must come up with a plan on how I'm going to lose the rest of my life. It is a bit scary, but I have been through a lot. I'm a six-year can breast survivor .
Two years ago when I realize that my husband and I would have to separate. He wanted to date and I didn't want to. I got in a you-hule with few possessions, my dog and drove to seven Alabama to be near my daughters. I wasn't scared in the least. As a matter fact the whole trip down was wonderful. You would think I would be sad but I wasn't. I loved being on that road driving all the way. I simply stopped and slept in my car. I never thought I could do something like that but I can .

Since then I've been trying to figure out why those three days driving down from the north I felt so wonderful and in control. Since then I have just been wandering around in circles. Bothering my daughters. Working days. Trying to figure out what to do. But I keep going back to that Drive .I think there's an answer there but I didn't realize. Period
I think there's an answer there but I didn't realize. Period

Anyway sorry for my messed up message. I hope to get to know some of you. And if I can get my courage I may be heading out to Arizona some day .

Welcome! Yep been there done that...

In the course of planning my escape from the day to day "normal" stressors I have moved my stuff from and to different storage units...and the best I've felt in a long time was sitting up high driving that moving truck! hahaha

I've driven one or another convertible for nearly 25 years and love the free feeling of the wind in my hair etc., and while I'm swapping that for a van soon, the same "free" feeling will remain.

You have a dog that's great! Make sure his / her training is sharp so he's a real asset beyond the companionship and you'll be good to go. Imagine how much more enjoyable it will be when you don't just "sleep in the car" but prepare and make it home!

welcome! separations can be stressful and disorienting, my own put me in a bad place for a while, until I recognized that all I had lost was obligation and I had gained my freedom
Many find peace in this lifestyle
there are some here who tend to congregate in little groups and travel 'kinda sorta' together, ay least at first, and it seems to work well for them

Donna!Welcome to the CRVL forums! And congratulations on finding your new extended family. I firmly believe that memories from that drive are definitely telling you something. You knowexactly what that is. We're here to encourage and guide you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard Donna !
You've just found a great group of people that will help you find a path forward.
(and probably some that will travel some of those paths with you)
Ask all the questions you want and read some of the already posted items here on the forums.
It sounds like you caught the wander bug ! Good news , there is a cure...........
Happy Trails

Thanks, all of you are so sweet. I'm glad-year-old here. Gives me someone to talk to. Thank you for your encouragement. Talk to you later.

Travel has always given me the feeling of truly being alive! I've just not known how to make it my lifestyle until just finding out about this lifestyle...there's a lot of us just starting out, too!