Need some virtual moral support

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cancan

Reaction score
Solo female , FT vandwellwer. Experienced traveler...what size font is this - huge ? Feeling a bit down in the mouth I guess. Started trip in Sprint, had a great two months , dog of 6 yrs suddenly died. Stopped for the summer , FT again one month ago. Having great hikes, cooking healthy food ...living simply no conversion. I'm not one to need people all the time but I guess I'm feeling lonely. Spent an hour with a friend this month. Other then that almost no contact. My hobbies are solitary , hence the ability to stay in nature and out of town for as long as food lasts. Guess I want some , "you'll be alright " and quartzite not far off , thanks

Well I am not experienced as much in traveling but being alone I am. I have a husband and a daughter and I am still alone. I am hopeful once I get out there and end up in quartzite I won’t be so alone and you won’t be either. Once I get there if you are there I would be happy to meet up with you if you would like. I enjoy cards and board games along with nature. I have a long way before I get to quartzite because I am in Massachusetts and am not leaving until next week. Send me a message if you would like when you get there and we can meet up. I would enjoy have a conversation with someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feeling being alone sucks, being too busy to feel alone and feel alone also sucks. I have been known to volunteer reach out to elders and get rich life experience just talking, it freaks some out because they are not used to people wanting to talk to them without wanting something. Be patient a walk in a park a chance meeting give it a try, being a woman start with a chatty lol ( little old lady) we are all to insulated in this "open society"..

Hey Cancan! You're not alone! RTR isn't that far off, and you can even find fellow nomads if you'd like before then. Most of us do like our alone time, but given the complex creatures that we are, companionship and socializing are necessary for all of us.

I'm really sorry about your dog. WHO WOULD NOT BE LONELY WITHOUT THEIR DOG????? oh my gosh woman - your furrbabbybff died of course you are lonely and probably horribly sad!!! RTR is NOT far off - YES you will be alright!!!! Plus, there are people already in the desert if you need to leave sooner. 

You know... Maybe get another dog. There is a dog that is all alone and lonely and really wants to hang out with you. The dog wants to go on hikes and eat good food and see the world and get belly rubs and be your very best friend and the dog is probably a boy dog ... but it might be a girl dog. :D  

If nothing else go to a pet store and hold some puppies - go to a shelter and help out and pet some dogs. Some animal love might be good for you.

You will be alright. Remind yourself. That you are living a dream. Your dream. Think positive. Remind yourself to be positive.
Even when you don't feel that way. It works, trust me.
You are doing what many others are still just dreaming about. Until they can get on the road.
You can reach out here. As you have, for conversations. Ask where other van dwellers are located and if they would like some
company.
Another great website that you may want to check out, for like minded people is rvvillage.com.
That site has tons of groups. That you can join. To have some connection to others that enjoy similar lifestyles.

The grief one experiences after losing a beloved pet can be as intense as as the loss of a child. Feeling down is quite normal as you process this loss in your life. It isn't fun but it will pass. From your post you are already doing the correct things. and many have posted great suggestions. I just lost the fur love of my life after spending 15 years with her. so I empathize. Hang in there and when your heart is ready rescue another lonely critter. In my opinion one of the big travesties of this universe is that our critters don't live as long as we do. Lots of animal lovers can empathize with you and your feelings of loss.

More hugs...Losing a doggy companion is so hard. :(

If it works to find your way to Ehrenburg soon and check out Bob's camp there, I'm sure you could get some real life hugs and good company!

If not, maybe I'll see you at RTR. :)

Thank you so very much for all your empathy.  My reply is late as I am without service.  I really appreciate the time you all took to respond and it warms my heart to know I reached out to the right place for comfort.  Thank you so very much.  Everything looks better after a good night's sleep and some loving, kind words.

You're welcome to caravan from NM to ehrenberg in a few days.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Yeah, come on. If my little buddy the wonder puppy doesn't cheer you up, he will just wiggle, shake and squirm until he does.

Oh my goodness, I am yearning for a little wiggly puppy!!  I have been fortunate to meet a few dogs at the NM State Parks and one which sat in my lap for about an hour!  Heaven!
Duck - thank you very much for the invitation...I am waiting for a certain piece of mail so I will probably be seeing you there.
Thank you for your support all.  What a blessing.

I'm not one to need people all the time but I guess I'm feeling lonely.

I'm not on the road yet but understand the lonely feeling, especially since you lost your dog. Mine is 12 and I'm beginning to envision life without her. It's a scary thought! As you can see from the replies to your post there are many kind, compassionate people living the Nomad life and they will surround you with conversation, hugs, invites, happy hellos, etc. The neat thing is everybody feels okay about it when they need alone time and understand the next persons need for the same. I've never been there, but it sounds like the RTR will provide more companionship than we need! Looking forward to meeting you there. In the meantime, safe travels.

Here is my sweet baby, hope the photo shows up.
Thanks again for the kindness

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    1.3 MB
I have to tell you that even as much of a introvert as I am, I have only been alone for 4 weeks this whole year. Even now that I prep to head to Ehrenberg I have at least a half a dozen people wanting to know when I will get there so that we can all meet up and camp together. I had no plans for Thanksgiving dinner but I do now because I have been put in charge of it I hear. haha. So I found a turkey that I think will fit in a solar oven and will pray for a sunny day.

Once you get there you will find people that camp together long term and others that like my group camp together, go our own ways only to come together again down the road. It is a great mixture of solitude and companionship. Having Max has helped with this as otherwise I may not leave the trailer for days and of course we all know he is the true star of the show.

I can't even describe how I feel about losing Lucy and Twizzler. Twizzler over a year ago, Lucy a few months later. She'd been in perfect health when Twizzler died, but just lost interest in anything after he was gone. A few months later, she passed too. They were with me for 12 years, and I still tear up when I think of them.
Fuzzy photo, but shows how close they were. That's only a medium sized dog bed...

I wish I could say it gets better, but it hasn't really for me yet... so I'm probably not a great one to comfort you. Just know that while some folks out there will say something to the effect of "Get over it... it's only a dog!"   ...many more of us know what it's like, and wouldn't have it any other way.

You are right about that. Adopt !!
All dogs go to heaven
Rest in peace Lucy and Twizzler