Need campsite recommendations between Iowa City and Sioux Falls

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carla618, thanks for all the Iowa tips. I have been reading through many of them. Seems most are electric only sites. I don't reall need that for my minivan but I'll keep looking though Allstay.
You might want to consider iOverlander app.

We went to The Grotto of the Redemption, just an amazing place. They had a nice campground on the grounds, in town area. I would highly recommend. Then recommend as above the Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds, usually really nice. I think we went to Coralville, it was great.

We went to The Grotto of the Redemption, just an amazing place. They had a nice campground on the grounds, in town area. I would highly recommend. Then recommend as above the Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds, usually really nice. I think we went to Coralville, it was great.
Just saw this comment. Sounds fascinating.

I'm sorry. I should have read through your initial post better. I'll try to think of more places.

Off hand, after passing through Davenport you will come to the world's largest truck stop. It is more than a truck stop today. Truck stops are fun. IIRC, this one has a museum now.

Haven't been there in many years. It used to be a Flying J.

https://iowa80truckstop.com/
Also, a few years ago I stopped at a really cool rest area near Cedar Rapids. It is a tribute to Grant Wood. You can do a search for Grant Wood rest stop.
One thing I've noticed about truck stops - at least here out west - is the proliferation of Indian food restaurants over the last decade. I thank the Sikhs in particular, every time I stop and eat at one!

First problem on the trip. A sheet metal screw punctured my left rear tire. I was already at my campsite in South Dakota so decided to pull the tire and make a repair. The 12 volt air compressor and tire repair kit I bought a while back paid off.

These pictures are from Pipestone National Monument in MN near the SD border. I'm currently camping at West Whitlock Recreation Area campground in SD, they have Wifi!

Attachments

• 20220918_112053.jpg
    20220918_112053.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220918_112157.jpg
    20220918_112157.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220918_111613.jpg
    20220918_111613.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0