My floor plan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraz627

Reaction score
Here is a floor plan that I am leaning towards, the van will only be for me. I dont need a wide bed, and I can fit across the rear of the van.
the fride will slide out to be a seat for cooking. Its a conversion van and have been living in it for 10 weeks, and plan on starting the conversion in about 2 weeks when the weather get warmer.
any suggestions are more than welcome.Drawing4.jpg

Are you sure about your fridge setup? Mounting a cooler low will mean a lot of stooping over. A slide mount makes going into it a two step process, every time. I prefer to using the top of the fridge as additional countertop space. No stooping over and quick access. I have my microwave mounted low, I find that a pain, and it's used a lot less frequently than the fridge.

Last edited:
I cut my counter top to the size of the fridge's top opening lids and velcroed the counter segments to the lids. I got an Iceco top loading fridge with lids that will open in either direction and lift both the lid and the segment of countertop attached to it up to access the fridge. The fridge is sitting on top of a 32 gallon fresh water tank that fits over the wheel well. Happy with this arrangement so far

.Counter.jpgFridge2.jpgFridge1.jpg

It looks like you used the templates from Sportsmobile's website? I used those too in working out my layout. Found them handy.

Last edited:
Are you sure about your fridge setup? Mounting a cooler low will mean a lot of stooping over. A slide mount makes going into it a two step process, every time. I prefer to using the top of the fridge as additional countertop space. No stooping over and quick access. I have my microwave mounted low, I find that a pain, and it's used a lot less frequently than the fridge.
Damn good point and suggestion, my original thoughts were to use the fridge as a seat while using the galley, may just get a rolling stool.