My fantastic fan makes a high pitched alarm or "squeel" when turned on. Nothing else is working. Any knowledge on that? Thank you!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the fan blade move or attempt to move? Is this a roof vent fan or a standalone fan (Endless Breeze)?

By "Nothing else is working." does that mean the fan makes that noise, but isn't ventilating? Or something else such as everything else is not working.

Roof fan. Not running, just the continuous high pitched sound.

Sounds to me like the bushing or bearing for the motor is bad, give it a shot of PBlast and see what it does. I know very little about that fan, but if that is the problem I would concider what warranty I have on it.

Try removing power to the unit... wait then re-energize the fan... These newer units are not analogue and have a pwm circuit to the fan.... that is what you hear...
We need more info on the Fan motor/blades, to see if anything is seized up.

Yes is this fan a multi or variable speed, maybe with remote? Or one of the older styles with a three speed selector?

Has it done this since it was installed, or did you buy an RV with this fan not working?

Or it was working fine then one day it just stopped working?

Does the blade turn freely by hand?

We just need a few more pieces of the puzzle to help troubleshoot this.

With the power off can you turn the fan blade by hand? It should spin freely.

If nothing else in your camper is working, and your fan makes a squeal when you turn it on - that sounds to me like a dead battery. Not enough power to spin up the fan.