More jewelry

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalartist

Reaction score
Here are some more jewelry pieces:

This was a commissioned piece.  The main stone (Australia Opal) is the size of a dime. The necklace was forged into one inch links with the ends having loops that connect to each link.  The petals are all forged silver and soldered together to form the flower.  The earrings were also formed the same way.  

The next piece was made of a 16 gauge sheet of copper.  Each negative space in the copper belt buckle was cut out with a jewelers saw.  This technique is called pierce work. The engraving of the Celtic pattern was done with hand gravers.  

The last piece is a copper and silver ring.  I wanted an organic look of our Rocky Mountains of Colorado. 

Very nice work, i like things that have an artisan, hand crafted look to them versus ones that are ultra slick and polished such as found in commercial jewelry stores. Your work strikes the perfect balance, well crafted by hand with skill, time, thought and care.

Nice work. Are you going to be visiting the gem stone hunting places. One of my bucket list things is to go to the diamond fields in Arkansas.

I want to, it's on my list of places to hit. Not having any particular agenda I was thinking I'd stay until I found something lol

@Vanbrat
Absolutely! Quartzsite is on my radar for sure. I’ll also be looking for gold too. Now that gold is ridiculous high this is the time to look for it. I plan on doing my own lapidary work as well.

@Uncle
The best time to go is when it’s raining. Would be fun.

Here is another view of the ring. This is the last shot I have of it since I sold it.

@Maki

Thank you! I very much like my pieces being more earthy, but there is a time for bling with the right gems and design qualities. :)

@GypsyJoe

Who says I wouldn’t be interested? ;)
Those would makes for some fantastic pendants!

Like I said I have a five gallon bucket of them if you are interested in some PM me. I won't be able to get to them till spring as they are out in my motorhome and I am handicapped. The snow here in Michigan precludes me from getting to the motorhome till spring. Do you know the best thing about winter? Spring!!!!

@GypsyJoe,

Thank you so much! I will be getting in touch soon. I’ll make you a pendent as well. :)

Metalartist said:
Quartzsite is on my radar for sure. I’ll also be looking for gold too. Now that gold is ridiculous high this is the time to look for it. I plan on doing my own lapidary work as well.

Quartzsite has a great gem and mineral club with all the equipment you would need. They also go on rock hunting trips every Tuesday. They teach all kinds of classes.

Of course right now the gem and mineral show is on and there must be a couple hundred wholesalers here. Prices are really great.

Would love the Celtic as a brooch. Love your work.

@HighDesertRanger... I hope to organize a group to go out and pan for gold as well as work a claim I will be getting. Part of it will just be fun doing as we will pack a lunch and spend a day at a river. The claim will involve a lot of hard work but hopefully be profitable.

@Lerca...

I would love to make a custom Celtic pendent for you. :)

If you find any extra big nuggets you can send them my way. :)

@HighDesertRanger

I don’t have a claim yet. Once I become a nomad and join the community I was hoping to find people that would be interested in working together. Maybe even form a claim together? With this pandemic though it will be awhile before this can be done. I know it’s a lot of work but I think with a good group of people working together we will have a better chance with it.

Jewelry is a great hobby.I remember that my mother said on such occasions that gold preserves wealth. And it really is. I know that in a critical situation you can easily sell it and get money. I recently became interested in this kind of investment, as I would like to have savings in case of another lockdown. I I'm now looking for investment offers for small capital and so far I realized that there are too many scams on the Internet. Therefore, my hopes for a source of passive income are practically nil. But you are doing very right that you investing in precious metals!

Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. I've had some finical problems when the company I worked for got hit hard this last year. I had to put my jewelry business on hold but things are turning for the good as the company I work for is now bouncing back. I've had the chance to live in a tent as well as having friends help me get through my finical problems. Hope everyone else is doing well!