Missoula MT Walmarts

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanontheroad

Reaction score
Leaving West Glacier tomorrow. Need to do some errands and kill some time before we get to our next planned destination. We were thinking about a Walmart in Missoula. Found 2 in Missoula with an article about a man being at the assaulted, partially blinded and robbed by 3 thugs just a day or so ago. The article did not mention the time, but it did mention that other shoppers just passed him by while he bled and begged for help.

If DH still insists on Walmart, I will insist that we are locked into the RV as soon as it gets dark and he that digs the Luger out from wherever he's got it stored. I am beginning to think that MT Walmarts might not be as safe as I thought.

Article

It's hard to believe people refused to help the victim. Doesn't sound like Montana. I'll be going to Walmart in Missoula next week--just to shop. There are plenty of nice USFS campgrounds in the area.

We were in Missoula a couple of months back, and it is always crowded with an assortment of rec. vehicles. What I noticed most was that the prices of everything in this particular Walmart was the highest we've ever seen in any state.

Nelda said:
We were in Missoula a couple of months back, and it is always crowded with an assortment of rec. vehicles. What I noticed most was that the prices of everything in this particular Walmart was the highest we've ever seen in any state.

Yikes! Even higher than in WA?? I'm going to try the Butte Walmart, instead.

I can't understand why anyone would be in the Missoula Walmart parking lot. That whole corner of Montana has free, wonderful and amazing boondoocking in the National Forests everywhere. You usually don't have to go more than 5 miles off the main road to find it.
Bob

If you are inexperienced in the area, Bob, you don't know that. Walmart seems to be like it should be safe. The west is all new to us.

We usually pull in for a few hours sleep at a Walmart or big box, buy supplies, and leave at dawn in the morning. We were just behind Bob and Judy by a few days. Nice country.