Missing vanlifer in British Columbia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhuff

Reaction score
Jaqueline McDermott, 22, from Kitchener (ON, Canada), has been reported missing in B.C., and her family is putting out a plea across the country for help. “We want to make sure that we are amplifying this message beyond just B.C. because I’m worried that she’s not there anymore,” said Nathalie St-Maurice, Jaqueline’s mother.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/disapp...-after-daughter-goes-missing-in-b-c-1.6095978

McDermott is described as a 22-yr old woman, 5'8" tall, slender build, with light brown hair and hazel eyes. Last seen Sept. 30 on Highway 97C between Merritt and Logan Lake, BC. See the linked article for more details and photos of the missing woman.

That's scary. Hope she is found safe.

Makes me wonder what one should do in that situation. Eg. vehicle breaks down on a remote stretch of highway and you must wait quite a while for help to arrive.

Hunker down inside vehicle while vehicle is stealthy (use the window covers)? Don't answer any knocks on the vehicle?

If the highway is busy, I wouldn't do that. But if there are few vehicles on it, then probably.