Meet Fanny Mae

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theadyn

Reaction score
Thought I would post pics of my class C that is named 'Fanny Mae', so named for my many fans in her. As this is 'cheaprvliving', I thought show off her insides.

Although not the best in mpg (about 8, ugh), she is very comfy for me. She is paid for and is my home if I ever need it. Self contained. I am researching if I can pull my new-to-me cheapy car safely. If ever full time, would tend to stay in certain places longer to not use up as much gas, and drive the 30mpg car. (cars base weight 2700lbs, from the paperwork the rv should safely tow 5000lbs, need to figure out tow dolly and weight and such.. it's on the eventual list. car would also double as a car camper on small trips away from rv).

So here she is: 1995 GulfStream, 28' beauty
rig_zpscbcec792.jpg
[/URL][/img]
(yes, I used to be Ryannis here, after many attempts at login failures, just made new name, still me though :) )

This here is the storage under her, they are pass-thru's, and there are 3 of them. No shortage of storage at all!! lol
20140925_081920_zpsadbc2229.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The driving area... SUPER comfy ride. Drives with one finger, smooth sailing and ultra comfortable.
20140925_081939_zps90447868.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The living area. Nothing fancy, couch jackknifes into suedo comfy bed, dining table (with new foam) can make single not so comfy bed. Cab overhead sports queen size area that is surprisingly roomy, even in height. I keep it curtained off from the rest as it isn't used much and keep from having to heat/cool the area. Plus, makes it feel more homey.
20140925_082100_zps9cd3d592.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Kitchen area. I try to keep everything to where I can hop in at any time and go without having to put up stuff or worry about it falling over. Lots of Velcro, gripper mats and such. The drying pad under the utensils and coffee maker keeps it from sliding or rattling. The spice rack is velcroed to the wall and the bars on the rack keep the spices from going anywhere, yet it's right where I can get to them easily when needed. Same with the cleaner, out of the way, yet handy, yet not going anywhere. I try to do that everywhere in my rig.
20140925_083008_zps4e1b6a58.jpg
[/URL][/img]
20140925_082943_zps863747fe.jpg
[/URL][/img]

...CONTINUED.....

Three way fridge, lots of space. I keep basic stuff in it at all times and just need to throw in fresh stuff when I'm actually going. The hall pantry next to the fridge (with the mirrored front) has tons of storage, I keep can goods, water jugs and dry goods stocked at all times. It goes pretty far back, couldn't get a good pic of how far.
20140925_082853_zpsdd36f014.jpg
[/URL][/img]
inside pantry:
20140925_082842_zpsd2d10336.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Bathroom and shower. Love the setup.
20140925_083207_zpsba297a6e.jpg
[/URL][/img]
20140925_083124_zps5ca5fcf9.jpg
[/URL][/img]

From the hallway towards back bedroom. Sorry dang towels from bathroom in the way, haha. It is a tight fit walkaround. New mattress. Queen bed raises up for huge storage space. Bigger closet on right side (I thought the storage bins would take up a lot of space in there, I prefer to just fold my clothes, but was shocked at how much more room is there, lol). Tiny closet on left of bed, 3 drawers under both. To the right of bed is ground cabinets with shelves for even more storage.
20140925_083239_zpsd73f9acc.jpg
[/URL][/img]
20140925_082726_zps4c639e30.jpg
[/URL][/img]
20140925_082756_zps9ff40d9f.jpg
[/URL][/img]
20140925_082734_zps27546d14.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Well there she is... my alternative cheap way to have a home. Not great for stealth purposes, but very comfy. I'm not full time yet, but I do research alternatives. Tomorrow if I was told to leave the house I'm living in, I have a home. There are parks here that charge $350 month utilities included (since I still have that j-o-b thing still here). That's some cheap living right there. If I were full time without that j-o-b thing, BLM land or free campsites while traveling to stay cheap or do monthly stays at parks, go where the jobs are. A tiny house on wheels.

Well.. hope you enjoyed the tour. :D

You have a very nice tiny house on wheels that would make anyone proud to have.

Looks good. You may already have, but if you post a thread with your vehicle info, someone here could probably offer advice on how to tow it.

Theadyn said:
... There are parks here that charge $350 month utilities included (since I still have that j-o-b thing still here). That's some cheap living right there...
That's what I keep saying. I suggest that you climb up and roll an elastometric sealer on the roof before you go anywhere and before the winter sets in. Just to be on the safe side. Downside of most sticks-&-staples RVs is that they have a flat roof which makes them more prone to leaks and ponding.

Good luck, looks like a nice rig.

compassrose said:
That's what I keep saying. I suggest that you climb up and roll an elastometric sealer on the roof before you go anywhere and before the winter sets in. Just to be on the safe side. Downside of most sticks-&-staples RVs is that they have a flat roof which makes them more prone to leaks and ponding.

Good luck, looks like a nice rig.

When I bought it in July they did the full roof in elastomeric. :) Actually put me back 3 hours wait time for them to complete it when buying haha.

Seraphim said:
Looks good. You may already have, but if you post a thread with your vehicle info, someone here could probably offer advice on how to tow it.

It's a 2007 Pontiac Vibe base model automatic. Specs show's 2700lbs, I tend to not drive with much in it. :) Was hoping for a manual, but it was cheap. :D

You should have no problems towing a small car on a tow dolly if your car is front wheel drive, this is the best option. A tow dolly is about 700lbs I believe so should be well within the weight limits. Most people like to put a tow bar on the car and tow it on all 4 wheels but this is hard on the transmission reducing the life of the transmission.

very nice, clean rv. you should have no problem towing your Pontiac. check your tow ratings they should be on the driver door pillar or glove box, but I am sure you will be under your max. highdesertranger