Mail Service in Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondancer5

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good mail service in Florida. I am domiciled in Fl but want to travel but still have a Florida address.

Myrvmail.com

It is a part of goodsam

I really like this. They post online the mail. I can ask for any piece to be opened and scanned...often saving me the postage as I only need to know what it says.

Mailing stuff to me is quick. No delays.

I really like this service. The previous service was the same basic cost, but none of this service.

I've been using St Brendan's Isle for about a year now and everything has been great.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/

The outside of every piece of mail is scanned and I get an email alert that it arrived. I can have it shredded, scanned, or mailed to me.

I ran into a problem with MyRVMail........

When I tried to insure the van at that address, the computer kicked it out and denied me a policy. Apparently there is now a database that contains all of the "mail service" addresses and flags them. Probably because of the Real ID Act.

lenny flank said:
I ran into a problem with MyRVMail........

When I tried to insure the van at that address, the computer kicked it out and denied me a policy. Apparently there is now a database that contains all of the "mail service" addresses and flags them. Probably because of the Real ID Act.

Ugh !

Yes, you often need a relative or friendly campsite to act as your "permanent phyical" address.

But they don't need to deal with your mail.

Sent from my HUAWEI ALE-L04 using Tapatalk

I've had no problem with using this address. My insurance as well as everything else has been just fine.

I have GEICO and Nationwide. Both are just fine with this.

ST. Brendon's refused me. Before I had this RV...the said that I had to have a registered RV before they would allow me their mail service. Just having a van was not enough for them. They want proof you are really a nomad...simply a van wasn't good enough.

VanKitten said:
I've had no problem with using this address.    My insurance as well as everything else has been just fine.

I have GEICO and Nationwide.    Both are just fine with this.

ST. Brendon's refused me.   Before I had this RV...the said that I had to have a registered RV before they would allow me their mail service.   Just having a van was not enough for them.    They want proof you are really a nomad...simply a van wasn't good enough.

... they give mail service to anyone, no need for an RV, boat, etc. - many traveling nurses use this service -

I did a two part process for my Florida residency

first: I found a real brick and mortar address (friend or just a month by month room rental). I then gathered up all my docs to go to DMV to get my drivers license at the residence address (you have lots of options for proof of address. I used a letter from my bank and copy of my month by month lease). once you have your drivers license in hand you can sign up with the mail services. I've used two for florida: MyTravelingMailbox and FirstClassMail. both offer scanning and online viewing of scans which is perfect for me. prices are similar for both. 

second: after I have signed up for the service, I then request a change of address with the DMV to the new mailbox service. I get my new drivers license delivered to the mail service and have them forward it to me wherever I am at the time. 

I can file taxes and all other addresses with the mail services. 

my point is I don't believe it is possible to establish your address initially at a mail service, but you can do a change of address to a mail service and then use it.

7wanders said:
my point is I don't believe it is possible to establish your address initially at a mail service, but you can do a change of address to a mail service and then use it.

See my note above. I was already a Florida resident, and when I tried to do a change of address to the mail service, my drivers license and car registration went through just fine, but my insurance company's computer ID'd that address as a mail drop and kicked it out. I suspect that is because of the Real ID Act. So I ended up just transferring all my paperwork to my sister's address in Pennsylvania.

I suspect that in the future it will be simply impossible to do paperwork for a vehicle without a sticks and bricks address.

I was able to use my forwarder with Geico. They rejected the unit number, but my mail makes it to me eventually.

I used St Brendan's Isle to establish domicile in Florida just this month. I had been using my home state before that. I set up the mailbox with St Brendan's. Then I changed my bank statement to go there and used that address to update my insurance. Then I went to the DMV. They needed my out of state license, social security card, birth certificate, and two pieces of mail - my recently received insurance and bank statement. They also checked my vision before issuing the license. They verified that the vin on my truck matched my title but didn't need to see the 5th wheel. I walked out with a new license and two license plates. I'm not sure it matters but I used a small DMV in a rural town combined with the tax office rather than going to a larger DMV. It was closer but also less rushed/stressful. They were very helpful.

Edited (again) to add that my insurance (Good Sam's) has no problem with my St Brendan's Isle address and box number. My bank was a bit of a hassle though. Finally I wrote it without the number sign, just: 411 walnut st and on the next line my 4-digit box number alone like: 1234

Yes the #1234 is a giveaway for maildrops, probably the data entry form blocked it.

I've used "Suite 1234" or Unit and that worked.

For some reason when my address gets "corrected" by a web form they seem to want a space after the # sign.

411 Walnut St # 12345

works just fine. Without the space it sometimes gets rejected.

I just tried multiple variations of my American Home Base address in Pensacola, FL to change my banking information and it did not like any of them. Apartment #, just #, # with a space, suite etc. kept getting a message that this is not a valid US address. Very frustrating. Not sure what I am going to do about this. For now I just put my work address and I will contact AHB and see what they recommend.

tnvangirl said:
I just tried multiple variations of my American Home Base address in Pensacola, FL to change my banking information and it did not like any of them. Apartment #, just #, # with a space, suite etc. kept getting a message that this is not a valid US address. Very frustrating. Not sure what I am going to do about this. For now I just put my work address and I will contact AHB and see what they recommend.

I could not get insurance with the MyRVMail address.

My assumption is that all all these mail drop addresses have been entered into a database under the Real ID Act, specifically to prevent people from using them to get IDs.

... is St. Brendans still using 411 walnut st. , cause they moved a few years ago to -- 1501 Co Rd 315, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043 ...

Yes many gov / financial databases flag known maildrop addresses.

Switch to a lower profile one just for that, then do COA on the rest over time if it works.

Or get stable friend / family to help.

John61CT said:
Yes many gov / financial databases flag known maildrop addresses.

Switch to a lower profile one just for that, then do COA on the rest over time if it works.

Or get stable friend / family to help.

Yep, I ended up using my sister's address.