Mail forwarding and credit reporting agencies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chick-a-go

Reaction score
I have used a UPS store for mail forwarding for about 13 years now.  It has worked exceptionally well for me with one exception:  credit reporting agencies refuse to interact with me at all (even when I provide appropriate ID, etc) and certainly will not send mail to the address.  This has caused me a good deal on inconvenience since I had to freeze my credit following an incident of identity theft.  They won't work with me on freeze/unfreeze and they refuse to send the annual reports to which we are all legally entitled.  Has anyone else had an issue with this?  Did you find a work-around?  Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom.

I also froze at all 3 credit reporting agencies prior to UPS address and life on the road as a guard against identity thieft.
I have not tried to reactivate because I don't want to buy on credit and live in debt. When I froze those accounts, I was given a code (to reactivate) and a letter from each stating that 'the consumer has chosen to freeze this account'. I keep these letters and codes in my fire box just in case I may need that newer RV I have an eye on (not a chance - freedom = no debt).
You should have these codes and letters (if you requested them) and if not, you may need credit counseling to straighten out the mess. Either way, best of luck and safe journeys!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk