MacGyvering Vs. buying the win.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Privacy and Insulation. Bubble wrap! Example: suspend Clear Bubble wrap to cover your front windshield. This allows light in during the day (while providing you privacy); and provides and insulative layer when it's cold out.

She-wee DIY; cut a U-shaped flap into the side of water-bottle. To use: remove the cap, lift the flap, and gently slide into place. The stream will flow into the bottle and out of the cap. For "comfort" one could line the cut area with duct-tape. Here's an example....I've done this before before; but must credit her for the Duct-tape idea. NSFW, as she actually provides a usage demo.

I camp in a cargo van, so lots of exposed metal and holes around the top. Bungee cords are my friends. I’ve used my bath towels as curtains, folded over the bungees and fastened with magnets at the bottom. I’ve also hung a moving blanket across the back doors, which blocked light and drafts, and provided some insulation as well.

Many years driving trucks taught me what bits & bobs to carry & how to improvise repairs at the roadside. This was before companies had roadside assistance for their trucks, sometimes it was a case of fix it yourself or stay where you are....