Looking for others in western WA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, however I'm somewhat curious why I would need to post any details. Does it matter who I am?

No, but then we wouldn't know anything about you either. Most every one on here is an open book.

B and C said:
No, but then we wouldn't know anything about you either.  Most every one on here is an open book.
L has shared a blog, just not listed in his siggy.

Thanks for sharing, L. I am also a gardener, can be a challenge at times. How will you garden on the road?
-crofter

I also have the boat vibe. I checked out your website and saw your criteria for a vessel.

The Rona put my initial purchase plans on hold and now have the van.. at least for the moment.

Your price range is gonna allow you some real beauts!

I'm keen on the Westsail 32... I also like the community that they have. Saw a couple gorgeous ones in Port Townsend... in the 30k range.
Ofc the Tayana 37 is a keeper as well.. at least in my book.. There was a pilothouse version in the Portland area preRona.

Have you narrowed down your selection a bit?. Spend the weekend walking the docks in Everett and you'll be moving in by Monday!

Good luck in your search.

The calling is irresistible.

crofter said:
I am also a gardener, can be a challenge at times. How will you garden on the road?
Hiya. Likely just sprouts. When I get a boat I can see doing some herbs and upside-down tomatoes in a bucket.

Good idea. I tried sprouts but am not too good at the process. I know, you just dump water through and drain. Here we have saline water, ok for citrus but "nice" plants don't like it. I have located distilled water for 25 cents a gallon so could try that.

I have also heard that Greek oregano is a must. On my list to try.

Enjoy your travels.
-crofter

crofter said:
Good idea. I tried sprouts but am not too good at the process. 
I do daikon radish sprouts in a canning jar. It is pretty easy. I would just wash them with some distilled water or rainwater if your water is saline.

https://www.boats.com/longest-solo-voyage/

I read about this guy, Reid Stowe, some time ago and how he provisioned.

He had sprouts growing everywhere. This was his main form of nourishment.
An extraordinary feat.

"1,152 days, a potential record for the longest continuous sea voyage without resupply or stepping on land."

Doubt he ever got his land legs back!

That's a very long time without reprovisioning... sprouts will keep ya going!