Looking for help to put my van seats back in

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfersue

Reaction score
Hi all, 

So, I had a friend remove my seats on my 95 Ford Econoline and he is unavailable to help put them back in right now.i have been moving my van around so I dont get any more parking tickets using a patio chairs, which obviously is kind of dangerous. Anyway, i figure itll only take about an hour if someone has some spare time.  I live in San Diego, California near downtown but not in downtown, net neighborhood over called. Sherman heights. Please message me or email me [email protected] or text 1-619-871-5120 if you can help me. Thank you, Susie

If you can’t get anyone a body shop should be able to do it. Possibly another source would be a car detail place. I know they take seats out at times for cleaning.

Are you saying that the driver’s seat is also removed? For what purpose? The van is not parked somewhere where it is safe to leave it for a while, and the driver’s seat is gone?

You could join the facebook group "nomads helping nomads". That is among the the kinds of situations they help people with. They have members in many areas of the country. Assisting with reinstalling a seat is certainly simple and quick enough for one of that group to handle.

tx2sturgis said:
Call your nearest automotive upholstery shop. They remove and re-install seats all the time.
There's a couple such shops in my town, but I don't think either one would ever make a house call.

Maybe an upholstery shop wont make a house call but a mobile auto mechanic will.

Alternative if you have a Home Depot nearby and where like many Home Depots there are a group of men hanging out in the parking lot looking for day job work.
Take the seat you want installed and the tools needed with you. If you dont have the tools you are in the right place to get them. Then just go to a place in the parking lot that is relatively free of cars and with your hired by the hour helpers get it put back in place.

There are a great many ways to get things done when you need an extra pair of hands. There are lots of hands out there looking forcwork.