Looking for a free campsite?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
The freecamppsites.net community provides the best free camping information available. We give you a simple, map based search engine to find free and cheap camping areas. Community reviews and ratings provide you with up to date information and help you select the best camp site for your next camping trip.

Freecampsites.net, owned and operated by Hitekhomeless, here on the forum

*cross posted for easy reference

Thanks Cyndi!!!
I just checked this site out, WOW.
I can be in Quartzsite in less than 35 hrs. LOL
Now, onward and upward!!!
Getting to our planning!
Thanks again.

Cyndi, I don't know what Bob pays you for moderating this forum but it ain't enough. Thanks for the link..

Something most people don't realize about Freecampsites.net is that there is a trip planner option there.

Give it your start location and destination, tell it whether you want or don't want toll roads and interstates, select how far off the route you are willing to go to find a campsite and it will populate your route and all your choices along the route.

I then figure out how far I want to drive each day and pick maybe 2 or 3 campsites along the way as possibles. Then when it's getting near time to stop for the day, I can pick the one I want. Of course, some days I get further than I figured so the next day I have to re-plan where I'm stopping but I find it's fun to plan that way!

Love freecampsites.net and Cyndi does do an outstanding job and service on this forum keeping us informed in many areas. THANK YOU CYNDI!!!

Looking a free camping in GA mountains this weekend. Any thoughts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hey Cyndi, You're the bomb!  From me to you... give yourself a +1 rating with a huge hug added!!! ;)

anyone know of darwin another free campsite like slab city?

The freecamppsites.net community provides the best free camping information available. We give you a simple, map based search engine to find free and cheap camping areas. Community reviews and ratings provide you with up to date information and help you select the best camp site for your next camping trip.

Freecampsites.net, owned and operated by Hitekhomeless, here on the forum

*cross posted for easy reference
Thank You

[mod edit: approved new member with a link in the first post, due to the link being a well-known website on this forum, and embedded in the quoted portion of the post -tx2]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also would like to point out that the site works well with smartphones as long as you have a decent signal.
When you use the site be sure to leave a review of our campsite. That is how this site works!
Additionally, consider leaving a Google review of your campsite experience. These review really do help people make a decision.

HI - does anyone use Camping World for overnight in a car that's fully contained? I saw mixed reviews on Freecampsites.net, hence posting in this thread.

Thanks!

Latest posts