• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Local Auction: a small RV park in Texas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An RV park for my birthday! Awww honey...you shouldn't have!

Just kidding but the auction for this small RV park in Perryton Texas (north end of the Texas Panhandle) just happens to be on MY BIRTHDAY! >> June 17th!

https://www.assiter.com/auctions/7041/lot/7057-210-SE-24th-Ave,-Perryton-TX

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3816323,-100.8027576,590a,35y,146.29h,45.23t/data=!3m1!1e3

Gonna be fun to see what it sells for....anyone wanna take random guesses? I'm gonna guess $75,000....

No fair guessing after the auction is over!

Just based upon pics it doesn't look too occupied. To take a guess I would have to know the areas and I do not.

Hence, the 'random guess' part....it would be random...not an actual bid...

Sometimes these things go for next to nothing, and then I've seen where a builder, investor, or developer buys it for high dollar with the intention of clearing out whatever is there and building anything from a new parking lot to a new business of some kind.

So....knowing the area and having some idea of the market means almost nothing in some of these auctions.

Well some popped up around here to provide people working in fracking and such a place to park a camper. When things are going good they are full. When not they are empty.

I experienced going from the low 20s in the morning to the mid 90s by that afternoon in that area of the country once and went from the 80s one week to seeing a foot thick ice build up on a chain link fence due to wind and cold rain the next week. If you look at the agriculture in the area the wind and dust would give you an idea of why there are few bodies of water around. Some how the Arizona desert looks more inviting but with so few people in the area the members of Cheap RV Living could move in and become residents and take over the local government next election and make a great place for a headquarters. Basically what Escapees did in Livingston Texas!

Well nowhere in either of my posts did I 'recommend' someone bid on that place...but it will be interesting to see what it sells for.

This part of the country has very dynamic weather patterns...because...you know....tornado alley!

. . . and small.

But its close to the Toot'n Totum so that makes it a lot more valuable  :p

This is not the CRVL get together place that you are looking for.

Spaceman Spiff said:
. . . and small.

But its close to the Toot'n Totum so that makes it a lot more valuable  :p

Yep nothing like a greasy rollerdog and a bottle of red gatorade at 12:30 in the morning.....

I think 75k is a good guess actually so I will go a bit higher.

Since the hotel is for sale on auction also and owns this property too (I think), the auction is splitting up the 2 biz.

Hotel is OLD and amt of work looks to be a crapload to fix it up but the RV park is just like a giant parking lot.....so....I am gonna say....hmmm, wait, nah a tad lower LOL......I will guess $65k for the RV Park. 2.5 acres about and showers and have to say the rv park looks better than that hotel HAHA

couple days away......where will this sale land? now darn I am curious LOL

Opening bid 10k. It only has 15 spaces. Would be very difficult to make a living out of that place as it is not in a tourist area.

I'm not sure you are supposed to be able to 'make a living' out of one little park....anymore than you can 'make a living' out of owning one rental house.

But, it might end up being a small source of side revenue for someone, assuming they can buy it cheap enough. And if they have an RV already, it might function as a 'home base' of sorts.

Mainly just...something to watch.

As of this posting, there appear to be no bids....this thing might sell cheap...who knows.

It will be neat to see how much it does go for...