Labrador

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conundrum

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted here I was headed for Labrador, so here is proof:

394.jpg

from there I drove to Cartwright, here is proof:

407.jpg

then I went down to Southern Labrador and caught the ferry to Newfoundland

724.jpg

there were whales

and salmon
763.jpg

and it was a nice interesting peaceful 6,500 mile trip.

Not sure I will be posting again, thanks all.

That is so cool. Over the past couple days I've been watching Season 9 of Alone and it takes place in Labrador. Now I know where they are.

Grats on a 6,500 mile trip! Glad you enjoyed it.

That would be a shame. Your post above was, when the images are converted, equivalent to over 4000 words in an essay, with every word a pleasure to read.

I non-mobile except for weekendish trips for the time being so when I see real pictures posted of places that would be great to add to my bucket list the vicarious trip damps the fire pushing me to just get gone.

A few weeks ago I posted here I was headed for Labrador, so here is proof:

View attachment 32150

from there I drove to Cartwright, here is proof:

View attachment 32151

then I went down to Southern Labrador and caught the ferry to Newfoundland

View attachment 32152

there were whales

and salmon
View attachment 32153

and it was a nice interesting peaceful 6,500 mile trip.

After the U.S. Revolution, some of my family who had remained Loyalists to the Crown were forced to move to Nova Scotia since things weren't too good for them back in the former colonies. They remained there for quite a while but eventually moved back to the U.S. in the Vermont and Upstate NY region. Just in time for the War of 1812 where, oddly, they fought for the United States and were rewarded with large landgrants in the Ohio Territory. Plain City Ohio was the town founded by the Bigelow's and their cemetery remains there to this day...

Just a piece of trivial history not good in any way except as a NFT.

:D

NF is on my bucket list, so I am grateful for your pics. Did you stay at campgrounds and how much did the ferry ride cost?

NF is on my bucket list, so I am grateful for your pics. Did you stay at campgrounds and how much did the ferry ride cost?
From Blanc-Sablon at the Southern Labrador border to St Barbe in NFL only 26 Canadian dollars. From Port-aux-Basques in NFL to Sydney Nova Scotia 167 Canadians.

I stayed a couple of nights at campgounds but as usual quite isolated.

1658595272108.jpeg

This is a shot of the Starlink dish I ran from the van at one RV place.

1658595403904.jpeg

This was in Southern Quebec before climbing North to Labrador. This was the view from the front of the van. It was a tiny little pull-off. I spent the night there. The river is the St Lawrence. It flows to the left, East as seen in the shot.

1658595611224.jpeg

This is the ferry from Southern NFL to Sydney NS.

1658595663150.jpeg

It's a big thing. Super silent. No vibrations. No rocking. Super comfy. I didn't have a cabin but the reclining seats were great. I slept like a log.

Cape Brenton Highland is north NS is super. Never took the ferry over to Labrador, but maybe next trip. All good up there.