Kuppert Washing Machine[split] Dogs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea I got the portable 26 lb capacity.  bit bigger but I have a toyhauler so space is fine.
only cost like $160.  worth every darn penny but here is a video on the smaller size for a van dweller who uses his...
he loves his little guy and gives a demo of it.   

this is Costway brand, not the one I bought, only reason I got Kuppert is because they had 26lb capacity, the Costway went only up to 21lb capacity.....but I would buy this Costway too :)

oh on his video he uses his solar to power it. explains what it takes for it on solar.

I thought about getting one of these, but was unsure how they handle things like jeans and blankets.

I have another friend with one that loves it. Three in their camp last year and they all used it. They ranted and raved.

handling jeans and blankets will depend on capacity size you buy. they can go small....like a ''20''lb capacity means it can wash up to 12 lbs of wet clothes only and in the spinner it can only handle up to 8lbs of wet clothes.

so in a 20 lb capacity you can wash a pair of jeans and a t shirt, but probably only spin dry the jeans by themselves.
you overload you can sure crash this little sucker :)

luckily for me we 'do beach' and 'hot weather' living. I won't and will never be anywhere I need anything heavy like thermal or flannel type shirts or heavy jeans. I am a light capri jean and shorts and Tshirt and light material blouse person or live in a bathing suit :) so for me I got the 26 lb capacity size to handle sheets for the bed and light smaller blanket. If I truly play my cards right I won't ever have to hit a laundromat again in my camping life. I also buy light material towels, I don't like thick plush heavy towels. Take too long to dry camping, so in a way, I know this will suit my personal camping style ya know.

I think if 1 pair of jeans need a wash, buying a small capacity of this that can handle a pair means you can at least wash a pair :) better than nothing truly. They come in all kinds of sizes for capacity size.

just google up youtube videos of certain capacity sizes cause so many people are posting reviews on them and love love love them, just like Camm friends say they love it.

thanks for that split cause we hijacked the Dog thread alot on portable washers LOL

For me in my regular cargo van, I'd question whether I could carry enough water, especially in deserts. If I have to go to town to get water, I might as well do my laundry too.

For those in a large enough vehicle that they can carry more than 15 gallons or so, I can see this being a good deal.

I have and use this machine for the past 3 and a half years for all my laundry, except comforters and the heavy duty stuff.
It works very well and cleans the clothes better than the big machines.
It is however more "hands on" than the regular washers, as you have to take the clothes out of the washer, put them in the spinner, and back to the the washer side to rinse, etc.
The wash cycles last 3-12 minutes and the spin a couple of minutes only.
It will wash 3 pairs of jeans and 3 tops and other smaller stuff no problem, but you have to fill it with water (about 5 gallons?) in that case.

One washer load is 2 spinner loads, as the spinner is smaller. However the clothes come out barely dump, and will dry out in an hour or so if hung on a rack or clothesline.

I like this little machine a lot. I bought it when I was too broke to afford the big pair, but I found that I don't really need them, since the little one works this well.

However, I think it takes too much water to be usable on the road, unless you park close to a steam or larger body of water. Also it does take a significant amount of van real estate
(24"L x 14"W x 24"H) and that makes it hard to fit somewhere.