KICCO Kissimmee Island Cattle Company South Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
 KICCO Kissimmee Island Cattle Company 

Is part of the SFLA water management district just south of Lake Kissimmee that is located on both sides of the Kissimmee river with hwy 60 being the northern boundary and vehicle access point.

There are five vehicle accessible primitive free 8-day limit campgrounds at this location.
Packingham, Spoil Equestrian (on the river) and chuck wagon contain 4 sites each while rattlesnake hammock has 2 sites and the former town of KICCO has 6 sites.

Once you get to the locked entry point all the roads are graded dirt/sand/gravel between the campsites.

I have not visited these locations but I will be staying one night at each one on my way south in December 2015 and I will provide an individual review with photos in this thread.

I have just received an email back from Kim the SUL admin from SFWMD.

Hi Larry,
Packingham is a hike in campsite. 100 yard walk-in is correct. If you would like to camp with your truck camper set up at KICCO you will have to use the Spoil Equestrian campsite or the Town of KICCO campsite. These are both listed on the website and subject to availability.

I am going to reserve a campsite at Spoil Equestrian campsite and the Town of KICCO for 3 days each at both locations for a total of 6 days from Tuesday 12/15/15 until 12/20/15 for up to 4 vehicles and 6 people so if anyone wants to tag along PM me for more info. Any type of RV can be accommodated at these two sites.

After KICCO on 12/20/15 to 12/24 I am going to Middletowns Fish Camp on Blue Cypress Lake which is also a free county campsite with no reservations needed.

http://www.middletonsfishcamp.com/