Just saying hi

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjojuice

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Joyce and I live in So Oregon with my husband, Dave. I’ve been following Bob’s videos for a couple of years and am finally registering to join the tribe. There is so much great info on this site and I plan on mostly just reading and learning from everyone. Thank you for creating this wonderful way to connect. Hoping to make new friends as well. 

My husband and I camp in a small fifth wheel when we go out together but when I travel alone I go much smaller, usually to music gatherings. I just got and converted a Ford Transit Connect that was used as a wheelchair transport so the floor has been dropped 6”. I can almost stand up in it (I’m 5’6”). It’s a cozy, economic vehicle and I’m looking forward to figuring out all kinds of adaptations. 

I am a musician (old-time, bluegrass and folk and also love the classic rock stuff) and if I can connect with other like-minded musicians so much the better. I play claw hammer banjo, guitar and bass. 

Thanks again for the forum and resources and for allowing me to join. - Joyce

Welcome Joyce to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Hi Joyce - your Transit Connect sounds amazing with the dropped floor! I would love to hear more about your music. I live in Northern California, only about 20 miles south of the Oregon border. I wonder how close we are. I'm in the Klamath River Valley.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :)

I would offer you to check out the bottom link in my signature lines (below) as it is a portal of handy stuff.  I live here in Appalachia where Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia all come together.   And Bluegrass is big here.

Here's a couple of Bluegrass musicians you may get a kick out of.  Youtube video.

Moron Bros Bluegrass on a Houseboat