Just Ran Into My First Build Problem

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have one extra seat for 2004 Chevy Express in pristine condition. I have the base and the bolts too if anyone  here needs it for free. It is siting in the garage covered.
The thing is, I'm not shipping it, too heavy for me to deal with.
It's a come and get it thing.
10-18-17c1.jpg

Attachments

• 10-18-17c1.jpg
    10-18-17c1.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 4
I gave away my van seats to a young man who was going to install them on a flatbed trailer that he used for tailgating parties. Sounded like a great idea!

^
The rear bench seat in my van was put to use as seating in the waiting area of a salvage yard.

I had it on Craigs for over a month before giving it away.

MrNoodly said:
With enough fabrication just about any seat can be made to work in any vehicle. (For example, a guy installed the seats from my S-10 into a Maverick.) How much work are you able to do?  How much can you pay someone else to do it?

I've done several seat swaps in various vehicles so would do it myself.

My driver's seat is 6-way electric so that may present a problem.

Sofisintown said:
I also have one extra seat for 2004 Chevy Express in pristine condition.

Oops. I was in WI two weeks ago. Too far away now.

If you could get the price for seats that they advertise on somebody’s website I’d be in the seats selling business. I got $30 a piece for a leather captain chairs and had to throw out the electric bench seat bed in the junkyard. The prices they have on craigslist etc. are just out rages there’s no way to get them.

Sofisintown said:
I also have one extra seat for 2004 Chevy Express in pristine condition. I have the base and the bolts too if anyone  here needs it for free. It is siting in the garage covered.
The thing is, I'm not shipping it, too heavy for me to deal with.
Anyway, if anyone wants it (Milwaukee area) while I'm still here, PM me.

I ended up taking the 3rd row seat from my 92 Suburban to the wrecking yard and gave it to them after storing them, and cursing them being in the way, for a year or two. Same with the 95 Suburban, but I went straight to thw wrecking yard as soon as I bought it and dropped off the seat.

Im about to remove the middle seats from my 05 4runner, I imagine Ill also end up dropping them off at a wrecking yard just to get rid of them. I wish there was a simple way to get something for them, but I dont have the energy and time to deal with it, nor the space to store them.

119021687_10214837038079483_1145086158586504075_n.jpgTHANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE SUGGESTIONS  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just sold the little jump seat for $20 to a kid in the complex where i live,,,,I am on a roll

Attachments

• 119021687_10214837038079483_1145086158586504075_n.jpg
    119021687_10214837038079483_1145086158586504075_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2
Stargazer said:
I gave away my van seats to a young man who was going to install them on a flatbed trailer that he used for tailgating parties.  Sounded like a great idea!
I told my daughter if they dont sell, she could put them in her room and her & friends could use them for playstation chairs

JuanKnucklehead said:
THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE SUGGESTIONS  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just sold the little jump seat for $20 to a kid in the complex where i live,,,,I am on a roll

A skinny kid, right?

The electric sofa from Moby was porched and listed as a freebie on Craiglist.  I had to take that ad down 45 minutes later.  The two middle captains' chairs lived in the garage for years.  They were quick release, and I kept thinking I'd put them back in if "needed".  LOL.  When the cover on the the driver's seat wore out, I skinned the spare seats and had an auto upholstery shop replace the front seat covers with them.  Very economical option, as it turned out!  The metal frames were quickly picked up by local scrapers.

I wished I had thought ahead and kept the upholstery off the middle seats that were junked as VanFan did.

Dang I need a couple of comfy seats for one of my 'studios'....I could mount them up on a stand or seatbase of some kind....hmmmm....

I'm in the Texas Panhandle if you happen to be passing thru and want to deliver them!

Top dollar paid! I'm talking...I dunno...50 bucks?

:thumbsup:

Brother if you are in Amarillo, Im planning a trip to Texola here in the next few days,,,,Ill meet you there for $50 each,,,that will at least pay for my gas

JuanKnucklehead said:
THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR THE SUGGESTIONS  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Damn I have actually been looking for one of those skinny jumpseats!