J&B MAILROOM

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP needs more information to be an effective communication..

Sorry about that. It seems that Marianne, the woman who runs the mail room is terminally ill.
I figured that anyone on this forum who uses this service would have received the same email I did.

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully someone in the family will take up the reins. It seems like a good business to run: do it from home, write off part of your housing expenses, predictable income month to month, etc.

Yes I hope somebody takes up the reins. Not only is my mail service affected but my banking as well. They need a physical address. I really want to keep everything in Nevada.
Last year while in Quartzite I drove up to Pahrump to take Marianne out to lunch as a way of thanking her for the excellent service she provided. She's a very nice and interesting person. I'm in Kentucky right now so I can't visit her. I had plans to see her when I'm back in Pahrump in November. Hopefully I still will :)

Anfair,

I'm a customer, but haven't received that email. What day did you get it?

If you could PM the text of that email to me, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

I didnt get any email either.
That is sad news though. I met Marianne once, she’s a nice lady.

Priscilla has been assisting Marianne since I signed up 2.5 years ago. Whether Priscilla can assume ownership or Marianne's heirs retain ownership, the PMB business should be able to continue operating.

I did not receive any email. OP must be special.

I read on this site it was one of mail services in SD. ?

Hi all. The email I received says that Marianne is terminally ill. It says further that they will try and keep the business open but to be aware that if they can't that everyone that sends mail to the Nevada address will have to be notified. This is because the Post Office won't accept a general mail forwarding request from a mail service.
My first concern is with Marianne. Hopefully she will make a complete recovery.
My second concern is my mail. I've been on the road for over a year and a half now and use her service as my main address. I have other mail services/drops in places that I frequent. None of those other places have come close to the service I get from Marianne.
I feel bad even mentioning my mail concerns at a time like this.
My reason for starting this thread is because I feel sad for Marianne and figured this would be a place where people that I don't know but also know Marianne could post.
I wasn't trying to be the person informing those who use the service that we have a problem. I assumed that users of the service received the same email I did. Apparently not.
I am unable to post the original email here. It came as a scanned pdf file attached to an ongoing email exchange I was having with Marianne on a different matter.

Hi All,

Tonight I got an email, from Priscilla, stating that Marianne passed away on July 22, 2018.  May she RIP. I saw her only 6-7 weeks ago and didn't realize she was terminally ill at that time.

The e-mail further stated that the business is closing at end of August, so in just over a month.

Priscilla mentioned there was at least one other mail service in Pahrump, but brochure wasn't attached.  Sent her a followup.

Sad news but not much time to make other arrangements as we're high and dry now.  Could use Escapees but then would need to reestablish domicile in one of their states.  Waiting to see the brochure myself.

Terrible news.
If you find a mail service in Pahrump please post it here. I will do the same.
Thanks.

There are at least two with business presence, unlike J&B run out of a house.
One is at the corner of Leslie and Mesquite. Close to Bell Vista, the road to Death Valley Junction..
The other is near Basin and 160 on the ("East St"?) street behind the Do-It-Best.
There is a place on 160 up near Simkins, but I have haven't seen any activity when passing by. It may be related to the one at Leslie and Mesquite. "Boxes and More".

Strange that the business known as J&B Mailroom won't continue. It could be anywhere in the Pahrump area. Unless it was not making that much profit and was run more a service than as a profitable venture.

Customer impact. Will there be refunds for remainder of contract after August? Is there a contact for an executor or whoever is closing the business?

Update:

I just called and talked with Priscilla.  She is overwhelmed....

For those she knows where to send mail, she is sending notification and a brochure for another forwarding service in Pahrump.

I will scan and upload the Brochure when it arrives.

A very sad time.

Thanks Wayne49. My problem is that Marianne allowed me to use her house address for banking. They don't accept mailing service as an address. At least mine don't. I suppose I can use an RV park address but that's not so easy. With Marianne most of my mail went to the PO Box that I paid for but not always. For instance sometimes if I ordered something online it would be sent to my billing address. With Marianne it wasn't a big problem because she would just add it to my mail which she forwarded. I had planned on doing the RV park thing in November to establish residency. I figured the only mail I could lose is from the Nevada DMV. Not great if there's a problem driving wise but it was the best I could figure out. If I'm driving anywhere in the US and pass a red light camera or electronic toll billing there going to mail me a letter I won't receive. At best this can lead to penalty's, at worst it could lead to a license suspension that I wouldn't know about. This would be bad for anyone but I travel alone and my vehicle is my home. Having it impounded would be a huge problem. I'm sure I'm not the only one here with this issue.
Right now I'm in Danville KY and I have things to deal with in NYC that will require more than one trip there. I planned on staying in KY and going to NY as needed. Not that far. Anyway I can't make it out to Nevada until October at the earliest.
On top of all this I feel bad about worrying about my problems when Marianne has passed away.
I'll figure something out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know I'm not the only one on this site who's dealing with Marianne's death and the address situation.
Thanks

There are many vacant lots here in Pahrump, but for banking you would have to sign up for paperless statements as the bank would get mail returned by the mail person.
Maybe use Zillow to find an empty lot that is not for sale. People have owned and ignored these for many years.