Is using workamper.com necessary?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von_jonah

Reaction score
When I leave I'm planning on probably workamping but I'm just wonder about what all types of jobs are out there. Is using a website such as workamper necessary and are they even open to people such as me? (I'm about to be 19) If not, how do all of you going about having jobs/income?

Hello Von Jonah... I ,myself, live on an inheritance and of course I craft items as well. I quilt, clothing, shoes and jewelry making. Lots of places online to sell your items. Take care HuggZ

It's so cheap I think it is dollar foolish to not join. I joined for a year and learned enough that I never paid again, but I don't for a second regret paying the first time. <br><br>Being young will be an advantage in some jobs and a disadvantage in others. Most of your interviews will be over the phone so they can't legally ask how old you are. I would say you were young but not give them your exact age and you will get the advantage of youth but not the disadvantage of not much work experience. <br><br>Go for it, I think it will be perfect for you!<br>Bob

Okay cool. I'll probably go ahead and join. What all types of jobs are available on workamper as a general rule?&nbsp;<br><br>At least my resume is pretty good for my age. Since I've been working since 14 haha

<p>Just as the devil's advocate...&nbsp; I wish I hadn't joined&nbsp;workamper&nbsp;and had use the money differently.&nbsp; I've learned far more on here from experienced people.<br><br>They put out a good magazine with interesting articles but I found most of the jobs to not be the greatest fit.&nbsp; Many want a married couple, not a middle-aged, single hermit who lives in a white van.&nbsp; It's not the solution for everyone.&nbsp; But it is also a good organization and they do a lot of support for the work camping community.<br><br>It kind of depends on what you are looking for.&nbsp; I was wanting to stay around this area and based on an article HERE, I found a job driving railroad crews around.&nbsp; It's a super easy, fun job with no physical exertion!&nbsp; I look at the work camping community as a fraction of people who camp and live in their vehicles but CheapRVLivingForum.com as all inclusive.<br><br>The price here is right, too!<br><br>Brad aka... V.T.</p>

&nbsp;Living for decades 'on the road', I've never done so. Regardless of the moaning and groaning about no jobs and whatnot, I've always managed to find one. Huh.. maybe I'm just 'special'. ..Willy.

<span style="color: #555555; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: 22.727272033691406px; background-color: rgba(252, 251, 201, 0.980392);">I was camping in a campground and was told of a CG with the US Army Corps of Engineers that needed a volunteer camp host. I applied and got it. I get my camping spot with full hook-ups for free. The money I save from not paying for a campsite or traveling, I can save. I have recently found out that because of Government cut backs a lot of the federally owned parks are looking for Volunteer CG hosts. I think it is one of the few positive things,with the economy the way it is now.</span>

How is that a&nbsp;positive step Joey?&nbsp; One use to get free parking and get paid for campground host, now its just free parking!&nbsp; How is that better?

<p>According to Joey's blog, he is not at a campground but a wildlife area. His job consists of opening a gate in the morning and closing it at night. 10 minutes a day, maybe? &nbsp;An hour of work a week in exchange for a spot with full hookups? I'd take it in a heartbeat.&nbsp;</p><p>I'll be spending most of the summer in the Smokey Mountains and now I think I'll stop at a ranger station and see if I can find something like that.</p>