Iron Mountain,MI looking for mechanic

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks everyone,this is the exact scenario Bob says he is doing this all for,homeless disabled vet broken down

i have never taken one of my vehicles to a shop,never ran a fundraiser,so out of my element,hands on is how i do things and since she is halfway across the continent from me all i can do is make noise and draw attention so thats what i do

Gary,  I'm a little lost at how you wrote this.  Is the second paragraph a reply by email from BW?  Pardon my senility. Thanks for any clarity.

Please continue with efforts on your site.  I support you.

gapper2 said:
Gary,  I'm a little lost at how you wrote this.  Is the second paragraph a reply by email from BW?  Pardon my senility. Thanks for any clarity.

Please continue with efforts on your site.  I support you.

that's all me,i haven't talk to Bob since this site went down last year

A little more info on that van.
(I meant taking the ENGINE from it. It has been cared for very well and actually is likely, if buying used, to be the best you will find, since you can actually fire it and hear it run...even drive it a little.)

I am told with a manifold swap and...maybe electric fuel pump, this will work very well. (Anyone else??)
EDIT (Just confirmed it with the MOPAR guys. It will fit, but the intake needs a couple of plugs...HEI distributor for the later "Magnum" engine...and as stated, the fuel pump.)

That white van is going to sell for cheap money and is not that far away that the money to have it moved...if not her van moved to it (likely the better bet) is going to be around the same as a yard rat motor of unknown origin.

If you are going the used route, this is the best thing I have seen for the money in many hours of looking.
(Unless you went reman with a ASE shop install and spent the 4+K :( )

Latest posts