Inverter not charging

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhonda

Reaction score
Think I blew a fuse (hopefully that's the only damage) in hays ks and cannot find anyone. Will be heading north towards ne does anyone know where or whom I might contact?

inverters raise voltage IE; from 12 volt to 115 Vac
converters 115 volts in 12 Volts out. charge battery's
not sure whats happening for you.

Well thank you for your opinion however I'm challenged when it comes to these kind of issues, don't understand a damn thing that's why I am trying to find someplace or someone to repair it.

Rhonda, inverters take your battery voltage up to 120v for household appliances when you are not hooked up to shore power. We typically see these installed in vans and other smaller campers that will be off-grid most of the time.

But I suspect by 'not charging' you mean the battery charger, or shore power converter, or an all-in-one inverter/charger unit which would mean you probably are in an RV such as a motorhome or travel trailer.

If you can, take a picture of the unit and post it here, or, if you can read a brand name and model number, I bet we can figure out what you have and what we can help you with.