Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathi1952

Reaction score
Hello! My husband, Paul, and I are recent full timers(Oct. 12) headed for Ehrenburg. We should arrive by Mon. First question is where can we get water for onboard tank? Second, are any of you camping at the site Bob gave directions to earlier this year? Would enjoy meeting some fellow nomads. I am originally from WV & my husband is from New Zealand. We are both retired and looking forward to the next chapter! 
Take care & safe travels,
Kathi Reed

Attachments

• C32F1912-186B-4A22-A6B6-1E34BE6E05E0.jpeg
    C32F1912-186B-4A22-A6B6-1E34BE6E05E0.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 15
Welcome!

There are multiple sources for fresh water in the Quartzite area, keep in mind this place turns into Disneyland in January. I think some folks have reported upwards of 250K people populate the area. Retail and service providers are slammed and long waits are not uncommon. I was out there a couple weeks ago and it was already busy at local restaurants, gas stations, etc..

Have fun at the RTR and safe travels!

Welcome Kathi and Paul to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. hope to see at RTR. highdesertranger

I havent been to Ehrenberg yet but all the video talk about the little store/mall when you get to Ehrenburg.  And they show a faucet type of thing right across the parking lot from the front door of the store.

I think there are a lot of Bob's tribe already at/near where he points out on his video.  They stay there until the RTR starts up in January.  But I think they spread out a bit.  Best bet is once you get there give a holler on the forum and normally someone will answer and tell you what is what.

Thanks Geogentry! I know the little mall/store you are talking about & will check there for water! Again thanks for the response! Are you going to the RTRin Jan.? Hope to meet up there if you are.....or on the road in the future! ✌️

The laundromat/grocery store/shower place/dump station in Ehrenberg has multiple water outlets for filling tanks. Siince it's city water I go up the street to the gas station to fill drinking water at the water place out front. But, I'm fussy about the water I drink!

The choice of water is yours. In Quartzite there are umpteen RV parks that offer dump/fill services for varying prices. There is also a water fill/propane place just north on 95 that offers a variety of types of water. And there are multiple Glacier water machines all over town.

We are spread out all over the plateau!. Some of us are gathered a little tight for most peoples' wishes. Others are spread out far and wide.

Deal Breaker said:
Welcome!

There are multiple sources for fresh water in the Quartzite area, keep in mind this place turns into Disneyland in January. I think some folks have reported upwards of 250K people populate the area. Retail and service providers are slammed and long waits are not uncommon. I was out there a couple weeks ago and it was already busy at local restaurants, gas stations, etc..

Have fun at the RTR and safe travels!

The crowd in Quartzite is why we are going to Ehrenburg first.....right now....but will attend RTR in Jan. for however long we can take the crowds! Sounds wild & crazy in Quartzite, but will be checking it out from a distance! Thanks so much for the response & hope to meet in Quartzite. Very excited to talk with people who share this lifestyle. So much to learn! ✌️

Almost There said:
The laundromat/grocery store/shower place/dump station in Ehrenberg has multiple water outlets for filling tanks. Siince it's city water I go up the street to the gas station to fill drinking water at the water place out front. But, I'm fussy about the water I drink!

The choice of water is yours. In Quartzite there are umpteen RV parks that offer dump/fill services for varying prices. There is also a water fill/propane place just north on 95 that offers a variety of types of water. And there are multiple Glacier water machines all over town.

We are spread out all over the plateau!. Some of us are gathered a little tight for most peoples' wishes. Others are spread out far and wide.
I, too, am very particular about my water, so, thanks so much for your information! Esp. North on 95- will definitely check it out. We may be running more like Tues. or Wed. But would love to meet you on the plateau! Thanks again for your response!

having shared with some GREAT SHOWER PARTNERS say no more it is a good start to get clean.

wagoneer said:
having shared with some GREAT SHOWER PARTNERS say no more it is a good start to get clean.

That's very close to being "too much information" :)

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Kathi and Paul to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  hope to see at RTR.  highdesertranger

Thanks for info. & hope to to meet u @ RTR as well! ‘ til then safe travels, highdesertranger!

wagoneer said:

LOL! Hubby & I might try that out to save the environment!!! We all need to do our part!