Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13081

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been vandwelling for about 2 years now and wanted to join up with this forum. I'm in a 99 Chevy Express 4.6 cargo van. Have a pretty bare bones set up, I like to keep things simple. Plan on going out for the RTR in January for a couple days so hope to meet some of you guys out there. I live in San Diego with a full time job and I'm trying to figure out my what to do next. Would like to do some travelling and working when I need to. I have a Instagram @paulthevanman so you can follow me there if you want.

Paul

Welcome Paul to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. we could always use pics. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Welcome Paul!

Sounds like you are well experienced living the minimal lifestyle in a city we hear people say is difficult to vandwell in. You must have some stealth secrets. LOL

Have you traveled on rural vacations in your van? Looking to full=time travel for a while? You'll find lots of Captain's Log threads with details about where others have camped and worked. There are a few things at least you'd want boondocking that you might not need near a city (like a shovel is required to camp in some National Forests), so that's why I ask if you've done some country living in your van.

We all love to see pics of other vandwellers' set ups if you are so inclined.

Welcome and hope to see ya at the RTR.

WriterMs said:
Welcome Paul!

Sounds like you are well experienced living the minimal lifestyle in a city we hear people say is difficult to vandwell in.  You must have some stealth secrets. LOL

Have you traveled on rural vacations in your van?  Looking to full=time travel for a while?  You'll find lots of Captain's Log threads with details about where others have camped and worked. There are a few things at least you'd want boondocking that you might not need near a city (like a shovel is required to camp in some National Forests), so that's why I ask if you've done some country living in your van.

We all love to see pics of other vandwellers' set ups if you are so inclined.

I'll get some pics up this weekend when there is some better light. I have some "rules" that I stick to that I use. I usually get to my spots between 9-10 and leave at 4 in the morning and either go to the gym or beach. I stay in some some good neiborhoods and haven't had any issues. I think a lot of people have their faces in their phones so no one is paying attention. I haven't done any off the beaten path stuff yet, the RTR will be my first attempt. It was a big deal for me when I actually stayed in San Clemente a couple times where I was outside my comfort zone of San Diego. When I do travel in the van I stay in campgrounds all the time but last month I was up in Santa Cruz I just stealth camped up there.

Here are some pics of my setup. Well the files are too big and I don'y know how to make them smaller. Anyone able to help me out? Or you can check out my instagram @paulthevanman I did a video tour.

Ok I had to crop the original photos so I can post them up here. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.

Paul

Attachments

• van 1 - Edited.jpg
    van 1 - Edited.jpg
    962.8 KB
  • van 2.jpg
    van 2.jpg
    706.3 KB
  • van 3.jpg
    van 3.jpg
    824.2 KB
  • van 4.jpg
    van 4.jpg
    532.5 KB
Thanks for the pics! You are an amazing minimalist to have been living in the van for two years and have NO clutter. What's in the large roundish thing under your bed at the back if you don't mind saying? If you do mind, just ignore me being nosy. LOL I have a shower tent that collapses round but it is flat when it does.

Just my surf gear. And behind that random stuff. I look at it this way if you don't use something or need for "everyday" use why have it.

Latest posts