INTJohn's Winter Truk Livin' 4 '22-'23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
71ADA6BB-714E-406D-B6CB-A1B4AD8018F3.jpeg

AA3D67BC-D5FF-43FB-98A7-BFFFD665173E.jpeg
Above: various pieces of sea glass found on various beaches. Like the 1 shaped like a hi 5 mitten. Might take that one to a jeweler and have something made with it. Pendant necklace maybe. Idk

8E09C167-5D4A-4EAA-9D1E-E88B056D992A.jpeg
Above : dogs to me are all but worthless needy animals that they are; but I always enjoy meeting the local boat ramp parking lot cat. They’re so independent individualistic with the epitome of survival “my way” skills. I love ‘em. After taking the pik this cat later arrived at my truck to check me out. Haha.
jonny boi being jonny boi

D944B911-67F9-4C6D-BD47-1E142EAA954F.jpeg
How bowt this for a Queen Helmet shell. Awesome. This state park lady showed me this shell from her collection. I would shit if I found 1 a quarter this size.
She made me a horn from a conch shell too. Below pix.
84327093-BF9D-4163-B62B-D0AC9F638844.jpeg

B530A0B1-F6F1-40EA-A988-DB13E7246665.jpeg
It’s loud too. About blew the mike off my ifone first time I made a vid. 😂😎

Jonny boi……..
The Conch Horn Maestro!
I can see it now. My name in lights playin conch horn at a Key West dive bar. It’s meant to be. It’s got to be.
ITS GUNNA BE;
I GOTTA BE ME!!!!!!
Conch horn Jonny 4 evah 😂😂👍🏼

24 Jan ‘23. Somewhere in Key West, Fla

Yeah, I know, I wasn’t going to go to Key West; well Exception to Rules Dept. Deal with it. First I haven’t been here in 5 years I think, 2BC (B4 Covid) anyway.

Last Friday, 20 Jan was my 69th birfday and it started off by being awakened at 5am by a garbage truck emptying a nearby dumpster. Not the Happy Birthday music I cared to hear. 🤪

It soon, however improved by being greeted with an absolutely stunning sunrise, sequence below:
A5FE6BB3-B640-4297-A09A-0B7666413CF7.jpeg
5B401C91-3604-42E9-97A3-95109CAA462F.jpeg
83620076-0D5F-4CFF-A31A-165BE2FF9F40.jpeg

That’s the way to start a beautiful birthday! The wind was calm too and made for a great kayakin & snorkeling day which I took full advantage of. If I found 10 live Queen Conch I musta found a hundred- I’m not exaggerating at all. Went to a spot few people go to and had a blast exploring.
Also found what is probably the 2nd largest lightening whelk I’ve ever found. 14” long; huge and it too was alive so like the Queens left it be.

Also found 2 more flared Queen Conch shells that were non living and collected those bringing my total 2 5 of the awesome shells.

Was a very Happy Birthday for jonnie boi.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday!

I love the Keys. Was last there in the '80's and brought home several Queen Conch shells. My friend and I met some shrimp fishermen in Key West and they let us take as many shells as we wanted.

I think we camped on Sunshine Key. I've looked on maps trying to find the places we visited and camped at, but it seems some names have changed.

And, it looks like that entire Key was turned into a huge paved RV campground:(

We also camped on Deer Key? (I'm forgetting the names of the keys we visited and camped at.) Can't remember the name, but that entire key had deer key (or key deer?). Tiny deer that roamed the campsites.

Bahia Honda was gorgeous. Watching the sunset in Key West with tourists from all over the world was especially fun. Oh, we loved a soup that was popular there... conch bisque maybe?

I understand why you love it there. It's a magical place. Enjoy your birthday!

Must comment on the Keys chickens.
Many beach areas I’ve visited have adopted ; for better or for worse; some species of a fine feathered friend.
Ocean Beach, San Diego has the wild & colorful parrots, known as the OB Air Force.
Fort Pierce, Fla has peacocks running the city
and Key West & Marathon Key have chickens that randomly roam anywhere & everywhere. And roosters crowing at daybreak? Hah! They don’t wait for daybreak. Some of them kikoff the er eh er er roo! between 4:30 & 5 am.
78078A13-57D7-4F90-AB30-EBB0D7ACD958.jpeg
This rooster kept me company & would not shuddup for an hour.

Be kind to those fine feathered friends……..
intjonny luzsha baybee alway have alway will

Guess wha time it is?!?!! It’s bitch time…….

One of the things that annoys me major kra about Florida is peeps makin such a fuss when they see my solar panels out doing wha they do ; you know, gather photons to convert to 12 volt lektrisady.

There’s comments, stop & stare and sometimes 20,000 questions. I’m always like Reely?! Let’s face it, in the SW, Kalifornya, Zona, etc no one gives them the time of day; it’s part of everyday life; like ahh say cell fones, rubber tires, indoor plumbing, umm sliced bread? Sayin.

Then I get asked stuff like
Ohhh is that a solar panel?
Me: (thinkin, no it’s my toothbrush)
Or,
how much can you power with that?
Me: can’t power anything with it; it’s a battery charger
Followed by:
Ohh, cool, well what can you run with it?
Me: (thinking, Did I just speak a foreign language?) you can’t run anything with it, it’s a battery charger. It charges a 12 volt battery like what starts your car.
Oh yeah now I get it so it could maybe run my car.
Me: yep u got it now dude; ciao & have a nice day.

End rant………

Saw her playin at a beach bar in the keys. We chit chatted n had a couple drinx when she was on breaks.
I just really loved this song of hers: Sandollars. ❤️ 👍🏼
jonny boi

3 Feb, ‘23: Somewhere on the Florida Mainland

Yep, left the Keys several days back; maybe I’ll return but prolly not. Never no tho.
As usual the Keys was it’s typically kra self with horrible traffic, uncountable number of vacationers partying, lots car rex (drove thru 1 fatality), boat peeps washin up 2 miles east of me, 2.4 mil$ of cocaine washin up 3 miles west of me. Border Patrol, FHP& FDLE Everywhere AHND spent several nights stealthin sleepin it waking up with FHP cruisers parked on 1 side of me or the other never knowing I was in there cuttin z’z. 😂👮‍♀️😂

Yep the Keys r Kra………..

Did go to Key West for a day and was reminded why I don’t go there……..🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Found lotsa shells snorkeling & kayakin…….
Enjoyed beautiful weather & beaches…….
Spent several days at Key Largo……
Had a lil beach bar fun but now it’s dun

Jonny boi dun gown!👅

“Keep on Trucking!” Lol!!!
Let me tweek this a lil 4 U:

With lyrics 4 a sing a long:

Truckin', got my chips cashed in
Keep truckin', like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line
Just keep truckin' on
Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street
Your typical city involved in a typical daydream
Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings
Dallas, got a soft machine
Houston, too close to New Orleans
New York got the ways and means
But just won't let you be
Most of the cats that you meet on the street speak of true love
Most of the time, they're sittin' and cryin' at home
One of these days they know they better be goin'
Out of the door and down to the street all alone
Truckin', like the do-dah man
Once told me, "You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes the cards ain't worth a dime
If you don't lay 'em down
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times, I can barely see
Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been
What in the world ever became of sweet Jane?
She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same
Livin' on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine
All a friend can say is, "Ain't it a shame?"
Truckin', up to Buffalo
Been thinkin', you got to mellow slow
It takes time, you pick a place to go
And just keep truckin' on
Sittin' and starin' out of the hotel window
Got a tip they're gonna kick the door in again
I'd like to get some sleep before I travel
But if you got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in
Busted, down on Bourbon Street
Set up, like a bowlin' pin
Knocked down, it gets to wearin' thin
They just won't let you be
You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel
Get tired of travelin', you want to settle down
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin'
Get out of the door and light out and look all around
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times, I can barely see
Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been
Truckin', I'm a goin' home
Whoa, whoa, baby, back where I belong
Back home, sit down and patch my bones
And get back truckin' on

yep jonny boi truckin

Sooo 2day I’m enjoying a peanut butter sandwich and……….
4C9725A9-B1ED-4E3D-8963-BB810D26BC24.jpeg

……..this lil fuker shows up. 🤷🏻‍♂️wtf, over. Couldn’t chase it away either; kept jumpin in my truck. Was like trying to get rid of some women I’ve dated; wouldn’t go away.

And I’m thinkin ya no, Squirrel 🐿 u need to be mixed with onions, carrots & potatoes in a crock pot along with a couple relatives. Yep. Add a bottle of Cotes du Rhône , Argentinian Malbec or maybe an Australian Shiraz.

Sayin, jonny boi jus sayin

10 Feb ‘23 Somewhere near Stuart, Fla.

After leaving the Keys, Drove to the Naples Bonita Springs area where I hung out mostly at Lovers Key State Park - the Bay Side as the Gulf beach side remains closed due to hurricane Ian damage.

The low tides coincided with 8 to 10 am times making it perfect to look for horse conch shells on the mud flat estuaries. Found several ones that were alive in the 8 to 12” range and let them be. Monday am, found the below 14.5” hose conch shell about a mile distant from the bay park.
EE17D947-6D03-447F-88CD-A44E03D48709.jpeg
Awesome! I was ecstatic! Couldn’t believe it to find such a shell.
After returning to the truck had breakfast and thought, well, mission accomplished - whata find and decided it was time to move on. Drove north to Fort Meyers and headed East on hi way 80 toward West Palm & Riviera Beach on the Atlantic Ocean.

Spent several days beach combing at MacArthur State Park where found an awesome Atlantic Distorio, see below:
20680742-D9EC-4338-99B9-CC97006F24FA.jpeg
401359BC-2B2C-4C3C-870D-13D2BB88642F.jpeg
Only the 5th one I’ve ever found. Yes! I was excited!

Will be here in the Stuart area for 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who knows.
intjonny luzsha baybee

17 Feb ‘23 Somewhere near Vero Beach, Fla

Apparently, as of last week, I have begun my slow northward migration back to Lake Michigan. From Riviera Beach to Virginia Beach is approximately 900 miles and with a 45 to 60 day time frame for the return; averages to 15 to 20 miles/day………
I’ll hang in some beach areas for several days to a week tho and others only hours.

After leaving Riviera Beach, hung out in the Stuart area at Dickinson State Park, a day I think and Hobe Sound National Seashore for 2 days. Spent last weekend chillin at Jensen Beach Park and spent this week in the Fort Pierce area.
Have now moved the short distance north to Vero where I’ll prolly spend this weekend beach browsing tween Round Island and Sebastian Inlet…….

…….but jonny boi doh no 4 sure🤷🏻‍♂️😎

24 Feb ‘23 Near New Smyrna Beach, Fla
Lot to ketch up on.
Spent last Friday at Round Island Park, south of Vero Beach was HOT n pakt. Arrived early & Glad I got my fav spot.

Spent weekend at Sebastian Inlet St Prk;
Monday at Spresser-Holland beach;
Tuesday at Pelican Beach Prk all in Melbourne area;
Wednesday moved north to Titusville and the South part of Canaveral National Seashore as lots 1 thru 7 had been reopened from Hurricane Nicole damage; 8-13 remained closed and lot 7 is now the new lot 13…….
8D6E5FCC-F232-4EF4-A85A-7F2C5F7AFF27.jpeg
😂😂
……..Friday; today am at North Canaveral Seashore.
Pix:
D1C1E19B-5C84-4A1A-BFED-031F00C5CB30.jpeg
Above & below: found this shell I believe to be an Oregon Hairy Triton. Apparently they can be found in this area.
9DBAB8DE-9FEF-4A24-852A-BCCA24C51E15.jpeg

Also soaked my huge horse conch shell in a bleach water solution and it’s BEAUTIFUL!!
69FE3AD4-6E07-4973-8E39-8D5383D32EDC.jpeg
Before; above & After, below
620BD5BC-3396-43CE-AE57-BEEE6527E848.jpeg
6B28409D-6D53-4E29-9CBE-BD07888FE14E.jpeg

Can’t wait to clean my other shells!
Nuff 4 now
jonny boi luzsha baybee alway have alway will

9B31B03C-423C-4EBD-B44C-CB74DDE1DA14.jpeg
These signs are literally everywhere throughout Florida and I mean EVERYWHERE! Sometimes just a sign or several but often they’re accompanied by some sort of decoration as seen here in the background and this particular one is typical…….

I’ve always thought, tho, they need to add above the sign the word “DIDN’T” as that is more descriptive as to what, on some level, has transpired.

jonny boi ain’t sayin; jus sayin

They have the same types of signs here in W. WA, too. But it it seems that the drivers they're trying to warn are absolutely certain that the laws of physics don't apply to them, and there will never be one set up for them.

3 Mar ‘23; Somewhere near St Augustine, Fla

Spent last Friday eve in Daytona; awoke Sat am and headed to Fort Clinch St Prk NE of J-ville.
Friend of mine texted me last night that they’ve started dredging off Fort Clinch State Park again…….
Rippin up the bottom is always good for finding shells & fossils. She found a freeking megaladon tooth Thursday sooo here I am. 👍🏼😎
F455E472-4467-4C32-A42F-D5A45D6D8819.jpeg
Above pik she sent me of her finds. I’m sooo freeking envious! Spent 4 days at Clinch but never found one; had a great time tho as it’s the hunt and spending a great day on the beach.

Wednesday I migrated back south abit to Faver-Dykes St Prk to hang out in my truk “down by the river”; see pik below:
DE876B80-3917-4E20-9710-BAB231B92E30.jpeg

Thursday found myself at Anastasia St Prk where I’ll prolly b 2day as well; maybe thru the weekend? Who knows. Amelia Island & Little Talbot are still on the itinerary maybe in a couple days.
intjonny boi luzsha baybee

A9254E5D-BC7F-41B9-BA25-E614F0AE0F46.jpeg
Damn; this beach flag is missing something. I’m trying to place it. Really I am. Can’t quite think of it tho. Ole man dementia kikin in? Idk 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wha tha hell is this beach flag missing?
145F58DE-079F-46DC-8C5A-40BA19F6D1FA.jpeg

Hmm wish I could think of it.
Well it’ll come to me………
GO BLUE!
jonny boi luzsha baybee alway have alway will