INTJohn's Winter Truk Livin' 4 '22-'23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

INTJohn

Reaction score
71ADA6BB-714E-406D-B6CB-A1B4AD8018F3.jpeg

AA3D67BC-D5FF-43FB-98A7-BFFFD665173E.jpeg
Above: various pieces of sea glass found on various beaches. Like the 1 shaped like a hi 5 mitten. Might take that one to a jeweler and have something made with it. Pendant necklace maybe. Idk

8E09C167-5D4A-4EAA-9D1E-E88B056D992A.jpeg
Above : dogs to me are all but worthless needy animals that they are; but I always enjoy meeting the local boat ramp parking lot cat. They’re so independent individualistic with the epitome of survival “my way” skills. I love ‘em. After taking the pik this cat later arrived at my truck to check me out. Haha.
jonny boi being jonny boi

INTJohn

Reaction score
D944B911-67F9-4C6D-BD47-1E142EAA954F.jpeg
How bowt this for a Queen Helmet shell. Awesome. This state park lady showed me this shell from her collection. I would shit if I found 1 a quarter this size.
She made me a horn from a conch shell too. Below pix.
84327093-BF9D-4163-B62B-D0AC9F638844.jpeg

B530A0B1-F6F1-40EA-A988-DB13E7246665.jpeg
It’s loud too. About blew the mike off my ifone first time I made a vid. 😂😎

Jonny boi……..
The Conch Horn Maestro!
I can see it now. My name in lights playin conch horn at a Key West dive bar. It’s meant to be. It’s got to be.
ITS GUNNA BE;
I GOTTA BE ME!!!!!!
Conch horn Jonny 4 evah 😂😂👍🏼

INTJohn

Reaction score
24 Jan ‘23. Somewhere in Key West, Fla

Yeah, I know, I wasn’t going to go to Key West; well Exception to Rules Dept. Deal with it. First I haven’t been here in 5 years I think, 2BC (B4 Covid) anyway.

Last Friday, 20 Jan was my 69th birfday and it started off by being awakened at 5am by a garbage truck emptying a nearby dumpster. Not the Happy Birthday music I cared to hear. 🤪

It soon, however improved by being greeted with an absolutely stunning sunrise, sequence below:
A5FE6BB3-B640-4297-A09A-0B7666413CF7.jpeg
5B401C91-3604-42E9-97A3-95109CAA462F.jpeg
83620076-0D5F-4CFF-A31A-165BE2FF9F40.jpeg

That’s the way to start a beautiful birthday! The wind was calm too and made for a great kayakin & snorkeling day which I took full advantage of. If I found 10 live Queen Conch I musta found a hundred- I’m not exaggerating at all. Went to a spot few people go to and had a blast exploring.
Also found what is probably the 2nd largest lightening whelk I’ve ever found. 14” long; huge and it too was alive so like the Queens left it be.

Also found 2 more flared Queen Conch shells that were non living and collected those bringing my total 2 5 of the awesome shells.

Was a very Happy Birthday for jonnie boi.

Last edited:

Carla618

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!

I love the Keys. Was last there in the '80's and brought home several Queen Conch shells. My friend and I met some shrimp fishermen in Key West and they let us take as many shells as we wanted.

I think we camped on Sunshine Key. I've looked on maps trying to find the places we visited and camped at, but it seems some names have changed.

And, it looks like that entire Key was turned into a huge paved RV campground:(

We also camped on Deer Key? (I'm forgetting the names of the keys we visited and camped at.) Can't remember the name, but that entire key had deer key (or key deer?). Tiny deer that roamed the campsites.

Bahia Honda was gorgeous. Watching the sunset in Key West with tourists from all over the world was especially fun. Oh, we loved a soup that was popular there... conch bisque maybe?

I understand why you love it there. It's a magical place. Enjoy your birthday!

INTJohn

Reaction score
Must comment on the Keys chickens.
Many beach areas I’ve visited have adopted ; for better or for worse; some species of a fine feathered friend.
Ocean Beach, San Diego has the wild & colorful parrots, known as the OB Air Force.
Fort Pierce, Fla has peacocks running the city
and Key West & Marathon Key have chickens that randomly roam anywhere & everywhere. And roosters crowing at daybreak? Hah! They don’t wait for daybreak. Some of them kikoff the er eh er er roo! between 4:30 & 5 am.
78078A13-57D7-4F90-AB30-EBB0D7ACD958.jpeg
This rooster kept me company & would not shuddup for an hour.

Be kind to those fine feathered friends……..
intjonny luzsha baybee alway have alway will

INTJohn

Reaction score
Guess wha time it is?!?!! It’s bitch time…….

One of the things that annoys me major kra about Florida is peeps makin such a fuss when they see my solar panels out doing wha they do ; you know, gather photons to convert to 12 volt lektrisady.

There’s comments, stop & stare and sometimes 20,000 questions. I’m always like Reely?! Let’s face it, in the SW, Kalifornya, Zona, etc no one gives them the time of day; it’s part of everyday life; like ahh say cell fones, rubber tires, indoor plumbing, umm sliced bread? Sayin.

Then I get asked stuff like
Ohhh is that a solar panel?
Me: (thinkin, no it’s my toothbrush)
Or,
how much can you power with that?
Me: can’t power anything with it; it’s a battery charger
Followed by:
Ohh, cool, well what can you run with it?
Me: (thinking, Did I just speak a foreign language?) you can’t run anything with it, it’s a battery charger. It charges a 12 volt battery like what starts your car.
Oh yeah now I get it so it could maybe run my car.
Me: yep u got it now dude; ciao & have a nice day.

End rant………