interior rebuild

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decodancer

Reaction score
I started with an empty shell in June and got very little done during the busy summer months. I did set the rear of the van up for grooming and put in the sofa/bed and the cabinet overhead. I have since gotten a free mini fridge and wanted to install it under the bed so that was my first spring project. A friend who is a wine broker gave me a bunch of nice wine boxes. Many have swinging or sliding doors and I've found several places to put them. I got a plastic drawer unit and built a shelf for it but still need to build it in and possibly put a door on the front as the darned thing is always falling and the drawers keep coming out. The door and cabinet above the bed were taken from a scrap travel trailer. The Luann was free so this project is costing me almost nothing except hours of time far.
IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0172.JPGIMG_0178.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0175.JPGI guess five is the photo limit, here's a few more.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    1 MB
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    941.3 KB
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    931.7 KB
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    977.9 KB
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    1.1 MB
  • IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    1 MB
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    907.5 KB
  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    1,013.9 KB
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    974.4 KB
Hey guys, can any of you tell me how you post large photos? I hate the little ones that I (and I assume everyone else) have to download to look at. Thanks

Wow, what a great job you are doing! It looks great and not costing very much!! You are a superstar!

To post larger photos in the body of the post

1) You have to be in the New Reply button, not a quick reply
2) You must have already uploaded the photos to a photo hosting site that gives you a link to them.
3) You MUST shrink them when you upload them!! Full-size photos are huge and eat up bandwidth for people on mobile devices.
4) Find the picture icon on the top of the menu bar that says "Insert Image" (it has a little mountain and sun on it)
5) Copy the link address and paste it into the bar.

And that's it.

Being new here, I have a lot of catching up to do, and decodancer's conversion looks like a great start. It looks great, I love the wine boxes, and the plywood, it's so much better quality than anything I've put into mine! You have a good eye, as well as good construction sense...

Hey DD...Lookin good. Love the wine boxes, as well as the other improvements you've made.
Guess I need to get some pics posted of the work I've gotten done on our van lately.

Check out my recent thread, the ICE CREAM TRUCK for much more current pics. I just bought interior paint today so that's on the agenda next.