Installing a Maxair Fan in a passenger van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M2Travels

Reaction score
Hi, it's been a long time since I have been on the forum or posted due to knee injuries and subsequent surgeries.  Now ready to get back on the road but this time without towing my trailer.  Just planning to travel in my Nissan NV 3500 passenger van which is not a high top.  However, I am would like to move to a high top van in the next couple years and so I want to make any modifications to this van as non destructive as possible for future resale.  My question is how and if I can install a maxair fan in the van without destroying inside liner and trim.  If not, any thoughts on how to get air flow since the passenger van windows do not open?

Remove one of the rear windows. Make your own insert to fit in space of window. Install fan in a vertical orientation. Selling van? Pop the window back in.

Any type of ventilation on the rear MUST be able to be sealed 100% while driving. CO is nothing to be taken lightly. Highdesertranger

The Nissan has those oversized rear windows....a glued on glass panel over a smaller hole.....The fan's not practical

WHY not rooftop install it "Good"/correctly and let it appreciate the van's resale value ?

What future soccer Mom wouldn't like to vent the smell of sneakers ?

highdesertranger said:
Any type of ventilation on the rear MUST be able to be sealed 100% while driving.  CO is nothing to be taken lightly.  Highdesertranger
Thanks as I never even thought about that.