Inside dimensions of a van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok...this is crazy but I just saw a post about laying out your living space for a van while still in apt to find out how what and where you will put stuff, need stuff, learn how to manage in the space etc

Lucky me...I currently live in a 750 squareish open space. So thats exactly what I am going to do! I am going to lay out the "van" with what I have right in the middle of this space! I will include front seats using a couple living room chairs which I will face back into the "van"since I hope to get swivel seats. Practical dual use. Measurements on that swivel circle would be helpful.

My questions...I do not have the van yet nor do I know what I will find. So if anyone has dimensions inside from front to back and side to side, I would appreciate measurements. Maybe heigthts too. Even rough ones. I hope to get a conversion or one with head space so plan on the bed being in the back width wise with storage under.

I have a ton more questions as this gets along but for now, I just need a footprint. 

Super loved this idea since it will help me acclimate and continue the purge of stuff not coming with me!

Thanks. This is the best site ever!

From the "For What It's Worth Dept" - My old GMC van from the back of the front seats to the back door has a usable floor space of 126" x 70"

If you look above your post at the Stickies, you will find all sorts of vans and their dimensions.