In thinking back...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graycurlsvanning

Reaction score
From the time I was 16 months old and was relinquished to my adopted mother and her husband at the time, I have moved around. Thinking back about growing up, I realized that I lived in multiple apartments in NYC, went to camp every summer for 2 months from 4 years old to 12, until we moved to Connecticut. This may have planted the seeds in me of a nomadic life, or at least often feeling a restlessness within me when I lived in one place too long. The pattern of moving from place to place has continued throughout my adult life. It happened as I changed states, marriages and gathered new friends and experiences along the way. Pets and children came along. Children have grown and some have moved themselves. I have left pets buried in the hallowed ground of land I have loved and I bring ashes of others with me. I planet flowers wherever I go. But I guess I have always been on the move...from the time I was a toddler really--pushed out into the world to wander. And so someday I will take my home with me, just like the Cancer I am. And I will continue my journey, from place to place, satisfying that restless spirit that has always resided deep within me.

I think all of have experiences throughout our lives that impact our present. I enjoyed a great childhood, growing up in that little house with 5 siblings lol. But I married a military guy and spent years moving every 2-3 years. It turned my hubby into a home body, he enjoys vacation, but exploring and traveling has no draw for him. However, I feel the need to go..anywhere lol.

Yep, we are all the end product of our experiences to date…the good, the bad, the ugly, they shape us in ways we are not always even aware of.

And, we continue to be a work in progress all of our lives.

It’s a good thing. ☺️

People think I’m nuts... even at home I live in my camper. Built a house... but really was replacing our old cabin for future generations to enjoy. Basically turned it over to eldest son. I’m at daughters now, and kinda looked down at cause I live in here. But getting cold next week. So I’ll be heading south. Probably camp with younger daughter on the weekend.
But I spent many days paddling back country canoe routes of northern Minnesota and up in northern Ontario and Manitoba. I took about twenty five years off to build fireplaces and chimneys. Then the last fifteen or so did a number of month or bettter trips. It’s fun to be paddling on a lake and someone who got flown in pulls up in a fishing boat asking how I got there. Oh, about two weeks of paddling and portaging. They about fall out of their boats. Haha! Because of my hands I had to take to other ways of adventure. So here I am...

Bad news concerning descendants of the people who were resistant to Black Plague. New findings have the DNA you might have inherited that made those people resistant to the Black Plague as being the individuals who are more susceptible to current autoimmune diseases because of having inherited it.

I've always been a prolific reader, and I think that contributed more to my gypsy travels than anything else.