I'm going Green as it's my Birthday & 60 Today!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday,  I am gifting you a full week's stay in the Shamrock cottage. Only catch is you first have to find a leprechaun to make you small enough to fit inside. I think you will need some 4 leaf clover luck and wishes on a double rainbow and a butterfly net to get a hold of one :) Or else set out saucers of Irish whiskey and ale.
shamrock cottage.jpg

Attachments

• shamrock cottage.jpg
    shamrock cottage.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 91
^
I was in Ireland in 2000 at Cong where John Wayne was in the Quiet Man & that looks just like the cottage. We were in the same pub as the movie when a old man came & set with us telling us a story which I didn't understand a word but my wife understood perfectly. He was telling us his was an extra in the movie & all about filming it. You can fly over & back, stay a week in B&Bs & a rent a car for $599 for a week. Great place!

Gr8ful said:
I was in Ireland in 2000
Ah.. an Irishman who is skilled with the gift of blarney and the ability to get free drinks! Perhaps he was one of the children who were extras on the street cheering on the boxing or foot races.

He was very old, I think he was in the fight scene where JW threw the dowrey money into the steam engine firebox. The pub looked like it hadn't changed a bit. I've always liked old people, now I is one.

^
Yikes....you already think you are an old people at age 60?   I think I will wait until I am 100 for that particular self identity label :)

I am 70 and label myself as old. What really does it for me is my bad knee. And NO, I don't want to live to 100.

Belated Happy B-earthday, Gr8ful!!!

How I envision myself, imho, has a lot to do with how I experience life. Those segments of life where I get slapped in the face w/ that I'm no longer able to do everything that I had in the past and I let that determine my worth/ability/value it sucks so bad I get melancholy.

However when I, literally, gr8fully see myself as vibrant, healthy, full of life and things to give, even if there's no one around to give to at the moment, my life experience is dramatically different.

I also take advantage of healthcare offerings as much as I can. Testosterone injections and estrogen blockers, they've made a LOT of difference. I despise the current application of western society's healthcare but try to use what works.

B and C, it's my knee/knees, as well, that are constant reminder I'm no longer 10 ft tall and bulletproof and at the top of the food chain, so to speak. "If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd taken better care of myself".

I'm a young and vibrant 66, if you don't believe me just ask me, ha!!

The Irish are great storytellers,but I think Germans are the champions.John Wayne's character was called into question recently when some of his statements and beliefs were shown to be racist.

Had a motorcycle wreck in '74 that broke my left femur and the medicine of that era put a hunk of steel in me that deformed the knee socket. Didn't really start bothering me until a couple of years ago. When I can get un-housebound, I will see what can be done about it. Close to needing a wheelchair as I can't walk very far...

And if I knew I would live so long, I would have taken better care of myself sure fits.

I was an adrenalin junky, racing, skydiving, flying antiques, scuba, hiking, biking, bear hunting, etc,etc,till I broke my back & it's gone down hill from then. I was 49 & kidded about retiring at 50 & was in the best shape of my life, 6'4 240# could bench 400#, leg press 650#, ride a centuty (100 miles) any day. Never had any back issue or even a doctor & one lift of a 4' round of 1 of 2 trees we had a verbal agreement with the poweer co ended it all. Blew out 4 disc 3 ext  1 int. 5.5 hours of surgery 2.5 recovery, put a cage in the front & back & was down for a year, had to relearn how to walk. So yes I'm old. Now I'm near a wheelchair but going to try get some ambo time in this year. I tell young people 3 things, #1 don't miss or put off an adventure. #2 get long term disability insurance, covers me till 65. #3 stay out of dept. I've had a blast, just thought the ride would never end. Still shoot extreme long range. Have a 300+ yard range here on the farm 7 shoot golf balls on masons line @ 300 yards with a .22 Savage. I've had $2500 rifles that won't outshoot it but have a full machine shop so have "done a few adjustments" to accurize it. Plan on shooting in the SW where I've heard a guy just broke 6000 yards unconfirmed but he did 5300 confirmed on you tube. HERE'S A YOU TUBE SONG OF JOHNY CASH MODERATORS Been looking for a good cause to help out with all the things I had to have & can't use. Thought I found it but was wrong. I'm going from a maximalist to a minimalist & doing it all at once would be better.

Yeah,that's the best thing about the internet,we can all be what we want to be.

A good event is expensive. The coolest event that I attended was back in my childhood with my father. It was about the same format, so I hope that your event will be just as cool.

Many people think that a good event is expensive, but this is not so at all! I will be happy to share the secrets of organizing low-budget events on the example of a business forum held. We, like many other companies, are faced with the need to find revolutionary marketing solutions; otherwise-death, because none of the previous strategies for interacting with customers has "not worked". To create a relaxed atmosphere, it is better to lay out light snacks on a separate buffet line. This will allow guests to move freely around the hall, and you will have the opportunity to approach each of them. Most importantly, you should take care of the music, because the sound is very attractive to people. For example, outdoor sound system hire helped us in the organization and all the guests were satisfied!