I'M DUMPING MY TRUCK AT THE BANK-WESTLAKE FINANCIAL IN LOS ANGELES

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello High Desert Ranger? The payoff is $9, 000+ Right now I'm just sitting out here at a marina enjoying the last few hours or weeks left with this truck, it's a bit depressing. I'm simply going to go park it somewhere call them up and tell em the truck it's parked at such-and-such place the keys are in such and such place I can no longer afford this and wait and see what happens.

bullfrog said:
I wonder how they deal with bad debts in Mexico, maybe a big guy with a knife?  I would be really careful about deals outside the country.
I don't know but right now I do have very good credit in Mexicoand not going to mess that up. I'm not too concerned about buying outside the United States as there are ways to find out if what you're buying is legit and belonging to the person who selling.

Cammalu said:
I know labor is cheap but it still sounds like that might cost a bunch of money in the end. Maybe you can talk to a contractor in that area.  There isn’t anything around already built ?
Hi I found a place to live and preparing for the voluntary repossession. Feels really good to come home to a shower warm water and a beautiful view of the Lush Green Mountains but there is also many lots for sale in the area where I'm living and will give me and advantage to be near them and look at them instead driving up and down all over the place in vain. And if from now until December I don't find a piece of land that strikes me I will then look into going to Hawaii.

I'm realizing that after living in so many places and wandering all over the place I believe I have narrowed down to what I really would like to do and that is live off the grid farming and putting a small trailer on the land and big enough that I can play loud enough without any damn neighbor around me.

Right now this single apartment I found has only one neighbor and that's it and I've got a view from my kitchen to the ocean all for two hundred bucks month. Oh and I can also start setting up my drum set and entertain myself and many ways including a lot of hiking and other outdoor activities that are just outside my door, it's really nice. My plan now is to buy a used four by four and pay cash so that I can go and look at land for sale. 

Unfortunately I cannot buy anyting with something already built because if I do I will be spending many many many years and I would rather buy a decent trailer weather on the land and work the land for self sustainability. 

Few days ago I went and a very long hike and was amazed is at land for sale all round for sale and was surprised surprised to see many of them way up in the mountains with an incredible Ocean View. yes you would have to haul water and be a bit a ways from town but the views to the ocean and being able to farm your own produce and be on your own and welcome Travelers who can drive into a dirt road where I can host Travelers sounds really really nice.

Sounds like you have found your own little bit of paradise. Enjoy it to the fullest!

“Go Live in Baja again forget the bullshit small stuff live life and be happy.”

Exactly this. It sounds like you were set up to fail in the first place. They gave you the financing knowing your situation, to heck with them. 

I wish you the best and Baja sounds amazing, I hope to make it there someday.

come on people, I have deleted a couple of posts for being way off topic and semi political. lets stay on topic and leave the politics in the gutter where they belong, not on this forum. highdesertranger

I'm not reading through 7 pages of messages but my suggestion is to call a bankruptcy lawyer. Chapter 7.

Will said:
I'm not reading through 7 pages of messages but my suggestion is to call a bankruptcy lawyer. Chapter 7.

That was my suggestion several pages ago. Sounds like his plan now is to hangout in Baja so might as well do the voluntary repo and let the chips fall where they may. For sure, they won't be able to collect a deficiency balance judgment down in Baja.